24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

there was a good review of sorceror in sounds, as well as positive EXIT reviews......stratosfear...slated? obviously the critics were wrong :idea:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Somebody had the temerity to criticise Stratosfear? What a Philistine! I refuse to accept this outrage!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Im pretty sure some TD records were battered with one star reviews in sounds and NME (especially when the critics suddenly all became punk rock fans and forgot that they championed prog rock etc......)
...The wise.....are silent.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I only paid attention to the most positive reviews, but still they were not enough, as I think Force Majeure is the music ever written and recorded. Flawless? Absolutely flawless! :D

But I rarely listen to it, it has convinced me a long time ago.

Andy, please do similar thread with another album. It's exciting to see how reviewers looked upon the music back then.
I'm sure reviewers nowadays will say the music are 'cold' now, and it weren't in the seventies. And in the seventies they said the music was cold. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Stratosfear is a good choice. A classic album. :)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I think this is an excellent exercise to illustrate the fickle nature of reviewers and journalists! Fascinating reading, and a lesson to us all :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:I think this is an excellent exercise to illustrate the fickle nature of reviewers and journalists! Fascinating reading, and a lesson to us all :D
I'm not sure about the 'lesson' bit ;) apart from an 'opinion is an opinion is an opinion'
Precisely! To take a lot of what we read with a pinch of salt.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:I only paid attention to the most positive reviews, but still they were not enough, as I think Force Majeure is the music ever written and recorded. Flawless? Absolutely flawless! :D

But I rarely listen to it, it has convinced me a long time ago.

Andy, please do similar thread with another album. It's exciting to see how reviewers looked upon the music back then.
I'm sure reviewers nowadays will say the music are 'cold' now, and it weren't in the seventies. And in the seventies they said the music was cold. :wink:

hmmmm how about Stratosfear? that should please Mick....or not (you won't believe some of them)
Only post the good reviews and I'll be delighted. Any bad ones and I want the reviewers address!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Hobo wrote:Only post the good reviews and I'll be delighted. Any bad ones and I want the reviewers address!
I'd like negative reviews reviews as well. I have reviewed TD albums very concentrated the last 2 years, and I have learned to appreciate how other people look at the music. Some reviews are almost poetic.
And as long it's only people's opinions, it can't make me mad, really.
However, the interesting thing is the power such reviewers and DJ's have. Edgar Froese often says it was J. Peel that made TD popular in the UK, so if TD got all rave reviews all over line, they might have become more popular.
I still think TD wouldn't change their music to please them asses, because of their musical integretity, they always have had. I respect them a helluva lot for that! 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:What in the world were some of these clowns listening to :x how anyone could slate this album defies all logic................ :x
there were doing Forced Manure, whilst TD were just doing Force Majeure ;)

Spot on there mate,they really are full of S*** :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.