TD on Histroy

Taximan431
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD on Histroy

Post by Taximan431 »

well...TD do have a very positive effect on past events in their music

I think that Rubycon is a very historical piece relating to a very important event during roman times ....running along this is their great album from 2005 Jean d'arc refering to the very brave & icon figure from france Joan of arc.....so yes TD do have a side of their work that reflects on histroy...

regards Geoff :) :!: 8) :D
epsilon75

Re: TD on Histroy

Post by epsilon75 »

Taximan431 wrote:well...TD do have a very positive effect on past events in their music

I think that Rubycon is a very historical piece relating to a very important event during roman times ....running along this is their great album from 2005 Jean d'arc refering to the very brave & icon figure from france Joan of arc.....so yes TD do have a side of their work that reflects on histroy...

100% spot on there Geoff...................and both albums are excellent recordings in their own right even though they are 30 years apart. Rubycon was the first i ever heard and holds a very special place in my TD heart,i would say JDA is their best album since Mars Polaris :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Just one question - what is Histroy?
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:Just one question - what is Histroy?
Good spot Mick................you should drink more in the evenings on a regular basis :D :lol: :wink:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Taximan431 wrote:well...TD do have a very positive effect on past events in their music

Well (and I hope past and present band members get to read this), TD have had a HUGE influence on MY history... Phaedra was the one for me (I still play it very regularly and it sends shivers down my spine every time).... Going forward twenty two years, we had Song Of The Whale played on our wedding video...

Not quite what you meant, but very important to me nonetheless.

Edgar God? No, not really, but certainly an important branch on the tree of my life...
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR wrote:

Well (and I hope past and present band members get to read this), TD have had a HUGE influence on MY history... Phaedra was the one for me (I still play it very regularly and it sends shivers down my spine every time).... Going forward twenty two years, we had Song Of The Whale played on our wedding video...

Edgar God? No, not really, but certainly an important branch on the tree of my life...
Edgar is god? I see it more as 'musical companions', for a while Edgar's and TD's music and our own consciousness and timeline touch and then one day they might break. For some people this might be just for one album, whilst for some it might be for years or decades.
As with most friendships, some you can leave for months and years and then rejoin later and get something fresh and new out of, whilst with others things have changed and you're always looking back to the good times
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

24db wrote:
DSJR wrote:

Edgar is god? I see it more as 'musical companions', for a while Edgar's and TD's music and our own consciousness and timeline touch and then one day they might break. For some people this might be just for one album, whilst for some it might be for years or decades.
As with most friendships, some you can leave for months and years and then rejoin later and get something fresh and new out of, whilst with others things have changed and you're always looking back to the good times

That is beautiful to have Song of thewale on your wedding video....It would be very fitting piece to put to your wedding. That too is histroy concerning TD music. I first heard of TD in 1976 with stratosfear & was very moved by this piece.....I suppose I could pick some pieces of TD music that would be connected in my life...Le parc cause in 1985 I considered reglious life ( my path never took that direction in the end) & it was around the time of Le parc that I listened to TD non stop. Another one would be Inferno in Berlin on a fine evening in June that was another turning point in my life. I will also agree with the above post about Pheadra its a very histroical point in the music scene & a timeless piece that never seems to be over played...

Cheers Geoff
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Tangerine Dream is history....... You have the history of the synthesizer by listening to their entire catalogue, funny BobMoog gave more credit to Keith Emerson than he gave to TD, and Bob built the greatest synth....

Can't have it all I guess
Taximan431

TD on Histroy

Post by Taximan431 »

staatsgrenze wrote:Tangerine Dream is history....... You have the history of the synthesizer by listening to their entire catalogue, funny BobMoog gave more credit to Keith Emerson than he gave to TD, and Bob built the greatest synth....

Can't have it all I guess

Totally agree & a very good point here histroy of the Synthesizer ,They where a part of the developers the innovators they where always on top of the technology pushing it forward.

:D :arrow: 8) :!: Geoff
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Historical, for me it started with Atem just the album that turned the whole thing into the big world. And mayby Phaedra because that made them famous. And for Rubycon, spoke about it with friends overhere and they all said, or asked: why is this album so popular by English fans? :D
The way a world of dreams is going on!
tuftuf

Post by tuftuf »

For me it started with Phaedra, but Stratosfear really got me going for TD, had found meanwhile in London Peter Baumann's Romance and got some other albums of other EM groups as well, Rubycon was not my thing at first, later on started to like more, Encore pushed me further in my search for TD, started buying the first releases which gave me the picture of how things had evolved.
music is part of my life, without music life would be senseless
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

I started to collect the Virgin 'banner' of releases in the early seventies as they were all very fresh and like nothing before. Still like Gong, Henry Cow, Coyne, Hatfield etc to this day but it was TD that really held that flag high. Phadera my first and then Rubycon (IMO the greatest recording ever !) and so on.....and on.....and on. Happy periods, sad periods, ups and downs I have had a TD for every period.

My own 'history' will probably be ''was he not mad into some Tangerine Dream thing'' ------ Not bad eh !
David Fox
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

tuftuf wrote:For me it started with Phaedra, but Stratosfear really got me going for TD, had found meanwhile in London Peter Baumann's Romance and got some other albums of other EM groups as well, Rubycon was not my thing at first, later on started to like more, Encore pushed me further in my search for TD, started buying the first releases which gave me the picture of how things had evolved.
Please don't use green can't read the whole thing.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
DSJR wrote:

Edgar is god?

I call him the General...................of untouchablness......... :D
tuftuf

Post by tuftuf »

tangmaster wrote:
tuftuf wrote:For me it started with Phaedra, but Stratosfear really got me going for TD, had found meanwhile in London Peter Baumann's Romance and got some other albums of other EM groups as well, Rubycon was not my thing at first, later on started to like more, Encore pushed me further in my search for TD, started buying the first releases which gave me the picture of how things had evolved.
Please don't use green can't read the whole thing.
Looks good though when you quote me :twisted:

No seriously, will avoid in the futur, got my word !
music is part of my life, without music life would be senseless