My Moog's bigger than your Moog ;)

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

akaihead wrote:24db thanks for the 1980 photos. I have two old tatty ones left from my first TD concert in Dublin in 1980 - however the bloody curtin and the old tin box of a camera I was using did not see eye to eye and nothing came out well at all. I can now make sense of them, particularly the two guitars.

I have all the Auturia soft synths and I think their great !!!! :D
You aint see no photos...alright ? :)

seriously though, concert photography is a real nightmare at the best of times, very directional light, and then not enough light. However thank god for digital (yeah I realise it isn't perfect)...however it does help bring back photos from the edge of the trash bin. It's a shame that digital Cameras we're around in the early years of TD.
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

was young, broke, and borrowed an 'oldie' which had a sort of spool like thread thingie sticking out of it when ya finished with it. Believe you had to take em to the Chemist after :oops: ? Should have raised up me lighter and taken the bloody curtin.

Anyway thank God for digital (& the mobile phone)
David Fox
tangram80

Post by tangram80 »

This discussion has led to interesting directions....but aren't the Moog Modulars of Keith Emerson or Wendy Carlos the biggest?
"Without music, life would be a mistake" - Friedrich Nietzsche
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

tangram80 wrote:This discussion has led to interesting directions....but aren't the Moog Modulars of Keith Emerson or Wendy Carlos the biggest?

Must admit Jeffrey i used to watch Emerson in awe when he was on top form,such a superb artist...........as far as the biggest moog goes im sadly not qualified to answer that......very interesting subject though :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tangram80

Post by tangram80 »

epsilon75 wrote:
tangram80 wrote:This discussion has led to interesting directions....but aren't the Moog Modulars of Keith Emerson or Wendy Carlos the biggest?

Must admit Jeffrey i used to watch Emerson in awe when he was on top form,such a superb artist...........as far as the biggest moog goes im sadly not qualified to answer that......very interesting subject though :arrow:
Yeah Colin especially when he took out a knife and piereced into that Mellotron or Hammond organ? :o pretty scary.....!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

tangram80 wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Yeah Colin especially when he took out a knife and piereced into that Mellotron or Hammond organ? :o pretty scary.....!
And a senseless waste!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Hobo wrote:
tangram80 wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
And a senseless waste!
Emerson is good to watch. But on the many live albums of ELP & The Nice some of his solo spots are woefull IMO. Too much screaching and feedback. I always prefered Rick Wkeman as a player.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

epsilon75 wrote:

I read somewhere that Emerson's Moog was mostly dummy panels.....

I think Wendy Carlos' Moog was well specified at the end and TONTO was/is huge, although many of the unstable Moog panels were replaced with Serge lookalikes as I recall...

I do think Emerson is a superb keyboard player, it's just that the showman came out when playing live...
tangram80

Post by tangram80 »

DSJR wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I think Wendy Carlos' Moog was well specified at the end and TONTO was/is huge, although many of the unstable Moog panels were replaced with Serge lookalikes as I recall...

I do think Emerson is a superb keyboard player, it's just that the showman came out when playing live...
There is no doubt Emerson is an awesome fast keyboard player. As I recall watching some ELP clip he could even play the keys from behind the organ...crazy fellow!

However, a good keyboardist is not necessarily a good synthesist. I think the Korg 01/W compilation CD does show who is the top man of synthesis! :D
24db

Post by 24db »

tangram80 wrote:
DSJR wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

There is no doubt Emerson is an awesome fast keyboard player. As I recall watching some ELP clip he could even play the keys from behind the organ...crazy fellow!

However, a good keyboardist is not necessarily a good synthesist. I think the Korg 01/W compilation CD does show who is the top man of synthesis! :D
I'd like to know why Emerson is even considered a synthesist, here's prog 'keyboard' player, nothing more, however talented
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Emerson had a Yamaha GX-1, which was gigantic. Bigger than Chris's Moog perhaps? You be the judge:
http://www.synthfool.com/gx.html
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:
tangram80 wrote: Yeah Colin especially when he took out a knife and piereced into that Mellotron or Hammond organ? :o pretty scary.....!
And a senseless waste!
Emerson is good to watch. But on the many live albums of ELP & The Nice some of his solo spots are woefull IMO. Too much screaching and feedback. I always prefered Rick Wkeman as a player.

No doubting Mr Wakeman's credentials.............outstanding talent 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote: And a senseless waste!

No doubting Mr Wakeman's credentials.............outstanding talent 8)
Yep. The guy's awesome. Not seen him do a duff show yet.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Thought some of you vintage-keyboard-o-philes might enjoy this if you haven't seen it....

http://www.vintagesynth.com/index2.html

If you enter Tangerine Dream in the upper right search box, it will prompt some interesting finds...
redziller

Post by redziller »

Beaubourg wrote:Thought some of you vintage-keyboard-o-philes might enjoy this if you haven't seen it....

http://www.vintagesynth.com/index2.html

If you enter Tangerine Dream in the upper right search box, it will prompt some interesting finds...
Cheers! Found my ol Jen sx-1000 bless it's lack of memory midi or CV
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game