Andy Summers

DSJR
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by DSJR »

bigmoog wrote: many apologies to the Police and Sting fan
I should think so too...:)

I liked the Police' later stuff (enough to buy the "Message In A Box" compilation) but found Sting's solo work a bit up itself, to be polite about it.

However, a re-union and tour would be a great thing in my opinion...
As for Andy Summers, he was signed to Private Music in the late eighties and released at least one album, which I'll play again at some point.

Perhaps AS was asked to "join" TD's concert as a fellow label artist.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

DSJR wrote:
bigmoog wrote: many apologies to the Police and Sting fan
I should think so too...:)

I liked the Police' later stuff (enough to buy the "Message In A Box" compilation) but found Sting's solo work a bit up itself, to be polite about it.

However, a re-union and tour would be a great thing in my opinion...
As for Andy Summers, he was signed to Private Music in the late eighties and released at least one album, which I'll play again at some point.

Perhaps AS was asked to "join" TD's concert as a fellow label artist.
I remember being a bit of an outcast (Mmmmm....) at school for not liking The Police. There were about a dozen of us that regularly "hung out" and listened to music, but I always made my excuses when Sting and Co. were put on the record player. I did feel a bit left out when I was the only one who didn't go to Milton Keynes to see them live, but upon reflection, I feel I made the right choice.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Barbakane

Post by Barbakane »

The Police were fine. I still like "Ghost in the Machine" and "Synchronicity" quite a lot. Sting's solo work...not so much.

I'm more a fan of the Summers/Robert Fripp (of King Crimson) collaborations "I Advance Masked" and "Bewitched."

As for the tour pairing, the label-mate explanation probably has something to do with it.
Pardon me, I have nothing to say.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Barbakane wrote:The Police were fine. I still like "Ghost in the Machine" and "Synchronicity" quite a lot. Sting's solo work...not so much.

I'm more a fan of the Summers/Robert Fripp (of King Crimson) collaborations "I Advance Masked" and "Bewitched."

As for the tour pairing, the label-mate explanation probably has something to do with it.
"I Advance Masked" is excellent IMHO :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Beaubourg

Re: Andy Summers

Post by Beaubourg »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:The ex-police guitarist supported TD on their North American Tour of 1988 right?

So I thought I'd check out his autobiography down at my local bookstore thinking there would be many references to TD.

THERE was NO MENTION WHATSOEVER (in the pretty comprehensive index anyway).

Bearing in mind Mr Summers solo work wasnt very vast I thought supporting TD would have been quite a big event for him, thus giving it a mention in his book.

I'm wondering if maybe he and TD fell out? any1 have any ideas on this?

Just curious.......:-)
TD isn't mentioned in his bio because he writes up to the point of The Police breakup ('84) - and as you know, he toured with his label mates TD in '88.
LOVED his bio. Met him a bunch of times. Saw him live in '87, '88 and '94. Love his work with Fripp. Not too crazy about his jazz-oriented music. Very nice chap (and funny as hell).