Reviews

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Just for the record, MFD just got it's secong four star review, it's in this months Record Collector

Thats brilliant news Andy,and long may it continue :arrow: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Just for the record, MFD just got it's secong four star review, it's in this months Record Collector

Thats brilliant news Andy,and long may it continue :arrow: 8)
Hopefully it'll give a boost to TD, post Jerome

Tangerine Dream
Madcap’s Flaming Duty

Voiceprint, cat no tbc
German synthmeister’s poetic
tribute to Syd Barratt.
A dozen songs spanning 70-plus minutes pay homage to Syd Barratt by matching Tangerine Dream’s lush synthscapes with vocals from Chris Housle (sic), and lyrics derived from poems by the likes of the renaissance man Sir Philip Sidney, metaphysical poet George Herbert, pre-Raphaelite Rossetti, visionary Blake, romantic Shelley and comparatively latter day US scribes Whitman and Emerson. And the marriage mainly works. From the nigh-on 10 minute opening Astrophel & Stella, the burbling keys, rifling beats and incisive guitar work compliment the vocals well. Shape My Sin sounds like Opera Sauvage-era Vangelis, The Divorce adopts a down tempo millennial Marillion mode, and the sleek, flute-laden A Dream of Death filters Floyd by way of Depeche Mode or Pet Shop Boys. Celtic strains appear here and there, and some tunes are less vital but, on the whole it’s a laudable, albeit less than psychedelic inclined, tribute.
Tim Jones, Record Collector april 2007, No 335. Page 94
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

all we (and TD) need now are a few good reviews in the mainstream press....and the music press, such as it is... :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:all we (and TD) need now are a few good reviews in the mainstream press....and the music press, such as it is... :arrow:
I'm not sure what the 'mainstream' press is these days, everything is so fragmented. I used to think the only genre was music ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Well you have to say that 2 four star reviews is a promising start...... :D

and thanks for posting it :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Well you have to say that 2 four star reviews is a promising start...... :D

and thanks for posting it :arrow:
Hell, two 'reviews' is better than usual :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:all we (and TD) need now are a few good reviews in the mainstream press....and the music press, such as it is... :arrow:
I'm not sure what the 'mainstream' press is these days, everything is so fragmented. I used to think the only genre was music ;)

oh I was thinking along the lines of NME, Melody MAkEr, sounds, record mirror.....oops it aint 1977 no more :arrow: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:

oh I was thinking along the lines of NME, Melody MAkEr, sounds, record mirror.....oops it aint 1977 no more :arrow: :wink:
that would be NME then...hmmm not eactly the people with their finger on the pulse of all things electronic at the best of times.
I't possible that Q and Mojo will review it (I'll keep checking). It'll be interesting to see 'if' TD surface in this weekend's Observer music mag as well.

Check next months Mojo, Record Collector and Classic rock for Astoria adverts
Last edited by 24db on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Its just very heartwarming to see anything (positive is always better) printed these days about TD......
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

NME :roll: nothing but an Indie pile of Bol***** :x
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

yes NME now (and has been for at least 10 years) is abso lute kiddie tosss
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

If TD continue getting good reviews and recognition, I'll have to find another band to follow! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

I'm sure normal service will be resumed soon, with negative and poorly informed 'house of analogue' comments ;) just kidding lads, play whatever you like
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Fantastic news to see the four star reviews so richly deserved :-)
Out of interest, where was the first review written? (sorry - just back from Holidays).
It's been ages since I read a TD review in Q - I think the last one was the re-release of Tyger, which was also a four-star. I reckon that could be the most influential place for a review to be placed.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:Fantastic news to see the four star reviews so richly deserved :-)
Out of interest, where was the first review written? (sorry - just back from Holidays).
It's been ages since I read a TD review in Q - I think the last one was the re-release of Tyger, which was also a four-star. I reckon that could be the most influential place for a review to be placed.
http://www.getreadytorock.com/reviews20 ... dream4.htm