Nick Mason and TD

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by tdream4ever »

24db wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:
24db wrote: nice one. I guess I heard DSOTM far too late to appreciate it...I just caught PF at the end of the seventies with WYWH...bought from Woolworths :)...didn't hear Dark Side until years later...perhaps on CD?
Dont get me wrong. I like DSOTM and WYWH and even the Wall. But Animals. When I first bought the album and brought it home and played it. I was like this is the shite album or something like that. Even my dad gave it a smile. You should of heard him when I brought home AC/DC's Let There be Rock album. :evil: It wasn't till a few years later when I saw the midnight showing of Live in Pompeii what I was really missing before. And of course after that, I found the DREAM. And the rest. . . .
...is a big credit card bill? ;)
:cry:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

tdream4ever wrote:Pink Floyd's best album IMO. Animals is a classic. Not to be played much after the 1977 Animals Tour. Hard to find any live Animals, with exception of the good boots out there. Photo on album cover a classic shot. Little Piggies on the Wing. . . .Oink!
You have a copy of Oakland '77 don't you?
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

TheMan wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:Pink Floyd's best album IMO. Animals is a classic. Not to be played much after the 1977 Animals Tour. Hard to find any live Animals, with exception of the good boots out there. Photo on album cover a classic shot. Little Piggies on the Wing. . . .Oink!
You have a copy of Oakland '77 don't you?
:wink: :wink: :wink: :arrow: :D
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Chris Monk wrote:
j_pertou wrote:Speaking of "Animals", did anyone know that the 8-track version had an added guitar section, and it was used to create an infinite loop after the last track ended, and the first track began again? How cool is that!
You know what, now that you mention it, I did know that. A mate of mine's older brother had an 8-track machine in his car and I'm sure we listened to Animals on that. Blimey, that's going back some years. I think he had some Zep and Purple too.
Hey Jacob. Speaking of Pink Floyd's animal on 8-track quad. Check out this one. Dont know if you already found this, but here it is.

http://neglectedstairways.blogspot.com/ ... floyd.html
hansx

Post by hansx »

tdream4ever wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
j_pertou wrote:Speaking of "Animals", did anyone know that the 8-track version had an added guitar section, and it was used to create an infinite loop after the last track ended, and the first track began again? How cool is that!
You know what, now that you mention it, I did know that. A mate of mine's older brother had an 8-track machine in his car and I'm sure we listened to Animals on that. Blimey, that's going back some years. I think he had some Zep and Purple too.
Hey Jacob. Speaking of Pink Floyd's animal on 8-track quad. Check out this one. Dont know if you already found this, but here it is.

http://neglectedstairways.blogspot.com/ ... floyd.html
just downloaded them. have it already on a very large bootleg (about 12 cd's) as far as I know.
but very very good.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Invisible Limits - Nick Mason mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiemiz0mAyo&safe=active

I think TD did the right thing in leaving out the repeating, echoed snare drum.
Hipgnosis

Re:

Post by Hipgnosis »

The bootlegs from the Anaheim Concert series were magnificent, were not the simple, and sad , fact, that it was in one of those shows that Roger blew up badly and one of those bootlegs had it loud and clear, and I'm not sure that Roger is totally wrong in his anger and comment!

IF, there ever was going to be a live concert that should be released, that series was excellent, and certainly deserved to be heard.

But, we're not the ones that make the choices, sadly enough.
Red Morpho

Re:

Post by Red Morpho »

Chris Monk wrote:

'......On the 8-track cartridge release, the song order was changed, and Parts 1 and 2 were played back-to-back at the beginning of the album, linked by a guitar solo.The guitar solo was performed by Snowy White, Snowy would later play the guitar solo in live performances on the 1977 In the Flesh Tour.[1] The complete version of the song, including the instrumental bridge, was re-released on Snowy White's Goldtop compilation album in 1995' 8) 8) 8)
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
Hipgnosis

Re:

Post by Hipgnosis »

Insvims wrote:Cool fun fact this. :-) And yes, Animals is amongst PF's very best.
Fer crying out loud ... it had 4 years to get cleaned up! But "Raving and Drooling" is STILL, far superior to the eventual "Sheep", and a much better tripper and piece along the lines of "Astronome Domine", "Interstella Overdrive" and "One of These Days".