Advertising TD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Advertising TD

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

Force Majeure: Tangerine Dream Go Clear.
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
Tropylium

Re: Advertising TD

Post by Tropylium »

24db wrote:"You can play it up to four times a day but no more. It may be dangerous to exceed the stated dose"
Album missing? Sorcerer?

Might have been an imaginativ campaign as a whole, but taking just the slogans, ugh that's cheesy. Okay, Phaedra and Rubycon are pretty good, but it goes downhill from there.
24db

Post by 24db »

Tropylium wrote:
24db wrote:"You can play it up to four times a day but no more. It may be dangerous to exceed the stated dose"
Album missing? Sorcerer?

Might have been an imaginativ campaign as a whole, but taking just the slogans, ugh that's cheesy. Okay, Phaedra and Rubycon are pretty good, but it goes downhill from there.
it's not a complete list...I'll leave that to somebody who knows more about TD :)
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

24db wrote:
Tropylium wrote:
Album missing? Sorcerer?
it's not a complete list...I'll leave that to somebody who knows more about TD :)
No, I mean what album that phrase goes with?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Not sure if this interview has featured before.

http://www.grenzwellen.com/gw_redaktion ... storyid=90
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I am ... for the most part ... totally against "advertising" ... because it creates an image for folks that do not know the music that can be rather disconcerting.

I suppose that it is ok to think that a nubile half naked woman standing up to an old man is exciting ... but in the end, it isn't. It can be very frustrating all around, even if the fantasy appears to be exciting as so many magazines want to make it for you so it can sell!

I remember a review, that was on a big paper one time, and it said that it all sounded like "washing machine music" ... to which many of us replied that the reviewer had no idea what a washing machine sounded like in the first place, to even make that comparison ... and this statement, sometimes is what a lot of today's prefabricated music in many DAW's really sounds like ... as opposed to the likes of Tangerine Dream which is about your ear and taste and sight and sound.

And you have to have the ability to know the difference. If you can not see past the notes or the chords or the instrument ... there is no music and it all stinks! And in many cases today ... it's just a beat! Dead beat!
24db

Post by 24db »

Tropylium wrote:
24db wrote:
Tropylium wrote: Album missing? Sorcerer?
No, I mean what album that phrase goes with?
something like "William Friedkin: There goes my career"

;)