Hammersmith Odeon (1978) review from Record Mirror

Chris Monk

Re: Hammersmith Odeon (1978) review from Record Mirror

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... smith.html

it's a cracker!...you'll need a sense of humour though
That's a corker. Wouldn't get away with that today. It's so racist it's untrue.

Hang on, 1978.... that would be the Cyclone tour. Yet he doesn't mention anything about the drums and woodwind instruments. was he actually at the show?
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:

Hang on, 1978.... that would be the Cyclone tour. Yet he doesn't mention anything about the drums and woodwind instruments. was he actually at the show?
:D I like the review of one of the 1992 shows where it said Klaus Krieger played too much...he didn't even make the tour!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

:D I like the review of one of the 1992 shows where it said Klaus Krieger played too much...he didn't even make the tour!
:D ROFL :D

Just shows how talented KK was. Even when he's not there his playing is "too much".
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Blimey - not seen that one before! He's so full of racial clichés that he clearly would only accept euro-pop as acceptable. He'd be a staunch supporter of X-factor these days.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Just wanted to ask 24db ....why post links on a public forum to a members only blog ? and if its just a case of anybody sending an email for an invite then why bother with the invites situation at all ? :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Lewis wrote:Just wanted to ask 24db ....why post links on a public forum to a members only blog ? and if its just a case of anybody sending an email for an invite then why bother with the invites situation at all ? :)
With respect I've explained this several times before Lewis.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

24db wrote:
Lewis wrote:Just wanted to ask 24db ....why post links on a public forum to a members only blog ? and if its just a case of anybody sending an email for an invite then why bother with the invites situation at all ? :)
Oh OK , I cant find it, sorry. Are you accepting new members ?
24db

Post by 24db »

Lewis wrote:
24db wrote:
Oh OK , I cant find it, sorry. Are you accepting new members ?
Only had 100 invites and they're all used up, sorry
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Oh really .. :shock: Thats a shame because there are a load of what look like could be very interesting posts and i cant read any of them which can be frustrating.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Just an after thought , would you at least be able to copy and paste the reviews or text articles in future otherwise it seems a bit odd posting a pile of threads on TDs forum that only your invited members can see ?

Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to be confrontational at all. I just wondered if there is way around the reason you want to be a members only blog but at the same time wanting to let everybody else know what you've found ? :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Lewis wrote:Just an after thought , would you at least be able to copy and paste the reviews or text articles in future otherwise it seems a bit odd posting a pile of threads on TDs forum that only your invited members can see ?

Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to be confrontational at all. I just wondered if there is way around the reason you want to be a members only blog but at the same time wanting to let everybody else know what you've found ? :)
Been there, got the t-shirt...human nature being what it is I'd be back at square one again.

Blogger doesn't allow me to group email everyone with access, so unless I sit down and enter everyone's email address by hand (you can't copy and paste addresses either) that's how it is. If it's a problem for you mate then I can stop posting about them, too be honest it doesn't matter to me that much, I'm only trying to be helpul.

I think is many ways we've all got used to a society where you can get 'almost' everything for nothing online...no effort, no expense...click...woohoo I've got everything...what now?, sadly back in the physical world I've had to pay for most (70-80%?) of the articles, magazines, tickets, tour programmes and so on, slowly...one at a time, (with perhaps 10 years researching them?), with another 3 or 4 years of my life scanning them, cleaning them up and or repairing them and then posting them...2,000+ pages of info (with a lot help from friends and fans, for which I'm very grateful and I've helped those people if I can, at least I hope I have).

I often used to put text files up here and over on Tadream, on one occassion spending a week transcribing an hour long audio interview with Edgar only for a fan to use to take the p*ss out of Edgar. It started me thinking why I bother...and the obvious conclusion is not to.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Ah I didnt know you had to pay for things, thats a different thing altogether.

It was just frustrating clicking all those threads and then finding it was all restricted access, I wasnt suggesting you spend hours transcribing things, I just wondered if some of the articles you might come across or photos etc could be quickly copy and pasted here.

Somebody is always going to use something for the wrong reason but I bet the overall majority of fans would welcome seeing/reading such things, I certainly would ...those photos of Frankes studio for instance ...the descriptions alone following the post made my mouth water :)

It seems once again the (opposite of winner) minority spoils it for everybody like in every walk of life. I think I read recently there are something like 1.6 million persistent criminals in the UK ...out of over 60 million people. yet we all suffer and live in fear of crime because of this minority. Gone OT but it makes me sick !

ps: the remote censor changed i d i ot for winner .... was it made in La ?? ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

PM me your email address and I'll c&p some Franke stuff into an email
dreamerofdreams

Post by dreamerofdreams »

That is one hell of a review Andy. To think you once could write stuff like that and nobody would start screaming race at you. Awful review but I miss the days of free speech.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this post but several trillion electrons were slightly inconvenienced.