Graham Massey of 808 State on TD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Graham Massey of 808 State on TD

Post by 24db »

"In 1976 a friend from school got his mum to drop us off at a warehouse near Old Trafford in Manchester (it's now my local B&Q but then it was The Hardrock). A German synth trio had come to visit us called Tangerine Dream. They were promoting their new LP Rubicon (sic). I'd never seen so many keyboards and synths gathered in one place. The image became imprinted on my mind. I was sketching it for the next 6 months in the back of my exercise books, designing new Rigs and even getting my Dad to help me make some new cabinets for a Tone generator he'd brought back from work. I also made a play Mellotron from a Woolworth’s chord organ and my synth was a Rolf Harris stylophone".
timer

Re: Graham Massey of 808 State on TD

Post by timer »

24db wrote:"In 1976 a friend from school got his mum to drop us off at a warehouse near Old Trafford in Manchester (it's now my local B&Q but then it was The Hardrock). A German synth trio had come to visit us called Tangerine Dream. They were promoting their new LP Rubicon (sic). I'd never seen so many keyboards and synths gathered in one place. The image became imprinted on my mind. I was sketching it for the next 6 months in the back of my exercise books, designing new Rigs and even getting my Dad to help me make some new cabinets for a Tone generator he'd brought back from work. I also made a play Mellotron from a Woolworth’s chord organ and my synth was a Rolf Harris stylophone".

Sounds similar to BM plays with MDF ! :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw Graham's done his nut...it was in 1975 that TD played at the Hard Rock :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:"I also made a play Mellotron from a Woolworth’s chord organ and my synth was a Rolf Harris stylophone".
Ahhh sweeeeet. I'm guessing that this was before the introduction of the K-Tel Berlin School playset. :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:"In 1976 a friend from school got his mum to drop us off at a warehouse near Old Trafford in Manchester (it's now my local B&Q but then it was The Hardrock). A German synth trio had come to visit us called Tangerine Dream. They were promoting their new LP Rubicon (sic). I'd never seen so many keyboards and synths gathered in one place. The image became imprinted on my mind. I was sketching it for the next 6 months in the back of my exercise books, designing new Rigs and even getting my Dad to help me make some new cabinets for a Tone generator he'd brought back from work. I also made a play Mellotron from a Woolworth’s chord organ and my synth was a Rolf Harris stylophone".

effer

actually, back then I would sketch in my exercise books, not huge modulars but clogs and flares :oops: :oops:
...The wise.....are silent.....
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:
timer wrote:

effer

actually, back then I would sketch in my exercise books, not huge modulars but clogs and flares :oops: :oops:

Finally ! things are getting back to normal !

And before you do - ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
timer wrote:
effer

Finally ! things are getting back to normal !

And before you do - ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:

~effer~ :P ~zzzzzz~
...The wise.....are silent.....