Haslinger get's Goldsmith-ed

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Haslinger get's Goldsmith-ed

Post by 24db »

Weird to read that Danny Elfman was replaced by Paul Haslinger for the scoring duties on Wolfman...only to be replaced himself...by er...Danny Elfman. It's a funny world.

Reminds me of Chris Franke announcing, but not getting Baraka many years ago
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Who did the Wolfman movie music score?

:!: :arrow:
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Who did the Wolfman movie music score?

:!: :arrow:
Danny Elfman
Jon

Re: Haslinger get's Goldsmith-ed

Post by Jon »

24db wrote:Weird to read that Danny Elfman was replaced by Paul Haslinger for the scoring duties on Wolfman...only to be replaced himself...by er...Danny Elfman. It's a funny world.

I had no idea that Franke announced that he should score Baraka. Fricke hired Michael Stearns instead. Interesting...
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:
24db wrote:Weird to read that Danny Elfman was replaced by Paul Haslinger for the scoring duties on Wolfman...only to be replaced himself...by er...Danny Elfman. It's a funny world.

I had no idea that Franke announced that he should score Baraka. Fricke hired Michael Stearns instead. Interesting...
he only mentioned this in a private audio interview. From memory he was also in the running for Last of the Mohicans but lost out to his mate Hans
Jon

Post by Jon »

24db wrote:
Jon wrote:

he only mentioned this in a private audio interview. From memory he was also in the running for Last of the Mohicans but lost out to his mate Hans
Nope, he did not. He actually lost out to Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman. The music recording for that film was a big mess indeed. But I did not know that Chris was in the running there. An electronic Franke score in Pacific Coast Highway style for that film would have been magic.
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:
24db wrote:
Jon wrote: I had no idea that Franke announced that he should score Baraka. Fricke hired Michael Stearns instead. Interesting...
Nope, he did not. He actually lost out to Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman. The music recording for that film was a big mess indeed. But I did not know that Chris was in the running there. An electronic Franke score in Pacific Coast Highway style for that film would have been magic.
I'm quoting from Franke's interview :)
Jon

Post by Jon »

24db wrote:
Jon wrote:
24db wrote: he only mentioned this in a private audio interview. From memory he was also in the running for Last of the Mohicans but lost out to his mate Hans
Where he said he lost out to Hans? :?:
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:
24db wrote:
Jon wrote: Nope, he did not. He actually lost out to Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman. The music recording for that film was a big mess indeed. But I did not know that Chris was in the running there. An electronic Franke score in Pacific Coast Highway style for that film would have been magic.
yeah
Jon

Post by Jon »

24db wrote:
Jon wrote:
24db wrote: I'm quoting from Franke's interview :)
yeah
Well, Chris got it wrong there. I have never heard that Hans had anything to do with Last Of The Mohicans. Trevor Jones, Randy Edelman and Clannad indeed wrote the music for this film.
24db

Post by 24db »

no....you are right...I double checked with the interview. Chris just said he was in the running for LOTM, had had some conversations with Michael Mann and that shooting would start very soon. He goes on to say that he'd done some demos.

Sorry about that...my memory is going :)
Last edited by 24db on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Also Green Card:

Chris Franke: 'I came a week too late' so Hans Zimmer got it
24db

Post by 24db »

he also lost out on the score for 'Freejack'...the terrible movie with Mick Jagger (additionally he also mentions he was working on something called 'Night men'...and a very big TV series called 'Mysteries of the Keys')
Jon

Post by Jon »

Interesting...

Green Card is one of Zimmer's best scores, totally electronic, so I'm glad he got to do that. But not so strange that Peter Weir would talk to Franke, Weir has used composers like Jean-Michel and Maurice Jarre, Philip Glass and Burkhard Dallwitz.

So Chris lost out to Trevor Jones on Freejack too? Jones wrote a rather industrial-sounding score for that one, not too different from what Franke might have done.

Mystery Of The Keys is indeed a TV series. No composer is credited on imdb.

Nothing called Night Men on imdb. And it was too early for Night Of The Running Man...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:he also lost out on the score for 'Freejack'...the terrible movie with Mick Jagger (additionally he also mentions he was working on something called 'Night men'...and a very big TV series called 'Mysteries of the Keys')
I remember Freejack....

....kinda wishing I didn't. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda