25.11.72: Klangwald, Cologne, WDR Sendesaal, Germany

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

25.11.72: Klangwald, Cologne, WDR Sendesaal, Germany

Post by 24db »

'Night Music in the WDR, Sound Forest'

any comments about this recording?
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

Another curiosity.
The FM-recording of this (complete with announcer, which makes it authentic) is totally different to the Tree-version (which has no announcer).
But both are great TD-recordings with great music, like Zeit/Atem
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

these recordings have incredible energy and tension, as though the musicians did not know where the sounds would take them, deeply resonant music, dangerous, difficult and interesting :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

:(
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
hansx

Post by hansx »

Like I already said, it started with 1974 and this one is not a favourit of mine. The two albums Atem and Zeit are not my cup of tea. It is too floating, what can I say. There is too little music in it.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

burningbrain wrote:Another curiosity.
The FM-recording of this (complete with announcer, which makes it authentic) is totally different to the Tree-version (which has no announcer).
But both are great TD-recordings with great music, like Zeit/Atem
I listened to both of these back-to-back, but it's difficult to make any kind of meaningful comparison. The Tree version sounds a bit more clear, but then it runs for over 73 minutes whereas my copy of the non-Tree version is much shorter (I think my track 2 is corrupted because the file is attributed as being 17 minutes but it in fact plays for only 4 minutes, so I'm assuming this announcement you refer to occurs at the end of track 2 because track 1 has no announcement).

Are these simply different parts of one long show or is one of them actually mis-dated? The facts about these pre-1973 concerts seem to be as murky as the music!
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

The non-Tree recording has a short piece of music (fades in, maybe TD were playing before going on air) ca. 2min, then the announcer (Winfried Trenkler) makes a short introduction to the Band, then ca. 50min of improvising TD follows.

I think the tree version must be mis-dated.