24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bigmoog

Re: 29.11.1973: Berlin Deutschladhalle, Germany

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:the stand-out thing on this recording is (strangely enough) Edgar's guitar, I'm sure at the time everyone was listening to the then new EMS synth wibbles 'Oh Fritz it has a flashing light'!!!...but these days they sound a bit tired, whereas the guitar (either played 'gliss' style or just through a volume pedal and echo) still sounds fresh...at least to my ear'oles ;)

incredible floydian brainticketian ashratempelesque glissando driven nooodlin......super concert :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

more like Popol Vuh at the 29 minute mark

one nil to thee Tangs.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

:?: :arrow: :cry:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:more like Popol Vuh at the 29 minute mark

one nil to thee Tangs.
hmmm,,,,,at 29.04 on my itooons.....

:D
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

:)
Last edited by 24db on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hansx

Post by hansx »

However it started for me in 1974 with Phaedra, is this not a bad concert. You can hear some things which will be more concrete later on Phaedra. Some Pink Floyd bits in it, Echoes or something like that. The quality of the recording is very good. A lot better than the fan tapes in later years.
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:nice one, anyway...somebody else can (hopefully) continue posting concerts from now on...please don't wait for me to do it..I won't be...cheers
Why not, no time anymore? :)
Of course, we will do that. But too much in one time. We need some time to hear them. Lets ddo about 5 a week, that should be enough, I guess.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:nice one, anyway...somebody else can (hopefully) continue posting concerts from now on...please don't wait for me to do it..I won't be...cheers
Of course, we will do that. But too much in one time. We need some time to hear them. Lets do about 5 a week, that should be enough, I guess.
I just can't be arsed mate...

5 a week?...good idea, although I'm sure it'll find it's own rhythm, either that or just get forgotten about...hopefully not though.
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
Of course, we will do that. But too much in one time. We need some time to hear them. Lets do about 5 a week, that should be enough, I guess.

5 a week?...good idea, although I'm sure it'll find it's own rhythm, either that or just get forgotten about...hopefully not though.
can be taken care for. :)
I will post a few later on. Listening has to be done at an other moment, but anyone can bite then.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote: Why not, no time anymore? :)

can be taken care for. :)
I will post a few later on. Listening has to be done at an other moment, but anyone can bite then.
many thanks mate
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:I like how it finishes early and the audience don't know what to do...laugh, cry, applaud, boo or throw Jam, only for the music to start again
That is quite a funny moment, as the audience thinks the gig abruptly finishes. They start making noises, and then TD suddenly start playing again.

Superb concert, one of my favourites for sure. There are various different sections in the concert that each sound different, and a lot of phasing.

What I'm unsure though is whether the 40 minute recording is in fact the entire concert? I'll look at your blog to read if there are any references how long the concert actually was. For example, after the announcer speaks, the music suddenly starts at the beginning, there is no audience applause at that point.

Comparing to other 1973 concerts, for example Les Ponts de Cé and Saint Ouen, these recordings are more than twice as long as Berlin Deutschlandhalle. Which makes me think that unfortunately, the recording may only be part of the concert.

However, obviously I was not at the concert and have not listened to the source tape, so do not know.

It's also a very interesting concert, given that a few days (or so) later, the band went to record Phaedra at the Manor.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

SequenceC wrote:... What I'm unsure though is whether the 40 minute recording is in fact the entire concert? ... For example, after the announcer speaks, the music suddenly starts at the beginning, there is no audience applause at that point.

Comparing to other 1973 concerts, for example Les Ponts de Cé and Saint Ouen, these recordings are more than twice as long as Berlin Deutschlandhalle. Which makes me think that unfortunately, the recording may only be part of the concert ...
Since the concert was part of a festival (at which among others Guru GURU also appeared), it is very likely that the available recording is (almost) everything TD played there.
But perhaps we are surprised by Esoteric Records, if the bonus CD of their Atem 2 CD Expanded Edition contains more than the 40 minutes which are known to us.
Last edited by Cyclone on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Hadn't seen this interesting music link before!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... qJ8#at=308