13.3.1975: Dallas Brooks Hall -Melbourne Australia

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

13.3.1975: Dallas Brooks Hall -Melbourne Australia

Post by hansx »

As far as I know the first concerts in Australia. Not with Peter Baumann, but Michael Hoenig.
24db

Re: 13.3.1975: Dallas Brooks Hall -Melbourne Australia

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:As far as I know the first concerts in Australia. Not with Peter Baumann, but Michael Hoenig.
listened to it today...gotta say, if I was in the audience I'd be asking for my money back ;)...ok, perhaps that's too harsh, but it's hard not to compare it with TD's 1975 gig at the RAH, which IMHO is head and shoulders above what TD managed on that night (even though the 3 major problems they had on that tour are 'fairly' well known and probably effected the entire performance).
hansx

Re: 13.3.1975: Dallas Brooks Hall -Melbourne Australia

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:As far as I know the first concerts in Australia. Not with Peter Baumann, but Michael Hoenig.
listened to it today...gotta say, if I was in the audience I'd be asking for my money back ;)...ok, perhaps that's too harsh, but it's hard not to compare it with TD's 1975 gig at the RAH, which IMHO is head and shoulders above what TD managed on that night (even though the 3 major problems they had on that tour are 'fairly' well known and probably effected the entire performance).
Guess, you are right. It wasn't a great concert. RAH was much better. That is also the reason that it has been released in the Bootleg Box, I guess.
But as the coming concert is half so good as this one, we are very lucky.
24db

Post by 24db »

all this discussion about the TT and TL discs has healed up, perhaps we weren't interested in discussing them afterall?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:all this discussion about the TT and TL discs has healed up, perhaps we weren't interested in discussing them afterall?

well, Im always interested in discussing TD, TT and TL......its just that it would be good for other fans to have a chat about all this instead of the 'usual suspects'.......at least thats what BM hopes for.
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:all this discussion about the TT and TL discs has healed up, perhaps we weren't interested in discussing them afterall?

well, Im always interested in discussing TD, TT and TL......its just that it would be good for other fans to have a chat about all this instead of the 'usual suspects'.......at least thats what BM hopes for.
starts vigil ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:

starts vigil ;)
blimey...all this waiting is really tiring ;)
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I just downloaded it and listened to the first part.
It's clearly not like RAH '75 : quite monotonous for a 40-minutes track and it doesn't "sound normal"...

I think they had gear problems in Australia, but can you (24db) precise these "3 major problems" you mentioned, please ? I'm not sure of what happened exactly... :?
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

apparently TD and road crew forgot to configure the equipment for the southern hemisphere, all the kit was still northern hemisphere so the knobs on the moogs were all set for anticlockwise :roll: therefore everything sounded odd....and chris's moog was not battery powered and some equipment fell off the back of a lorry :oops: :P :P
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

bigmoog wrote:apparently TD and road crew forgot to configure the equipment for the southern hemisphere, all the kit was still northern hemisphere so the knobs on the moogs were all set for anticlockwise :roll: therefore everything sounded odd....and chris's moog was not battery powered and some equipment fell off the back of a lorry :oops: :P :P
Okay... now that we have the "BM-style explanation", could we have the real explanation, please ? :lol:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
24db

Post by 24db »

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... ralia.html

just in case anyone thinks that everyone loved TD in the 70's ;)...this, from one fans recollections of one concert during TD's 'problem filled' tour.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... ralia.html

just in case anyone thinks that everyone loved TD in the 70's ;)...this, from one fans recollections of one concert during TD's 'problem filled' tour.
haha, whilst reading that you cant help but have an australian accent in your head.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

excellent review, really captures the mood of the moment....... :D
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:excellent review, really captures the mood of the moment....... :D
brutal
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:excellent review, really captures the mood of the moment....... :D
brutal
:mrgreen: