East Berlin 1980: 'hidden' Tangram

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

East Berlin 1980: 'hidden' Tangram

Post by 24db »

Has anyone spotted the Tangram hanging from the ceiling of the Palast Der Republik before? You can clearly see it in one of the photos in the booklet that comes with the Tangerine Dream '70-'80 LP boxset

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... ngram.html
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

I have the booklet and I will look at it at home afterwards ...

Information which somebody shares here in the forum should be accessible for every interested one. Since apparently only a part of us here has access to The Archive Plus, you shouldn't post links to these sites. :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Cyclone wrote:I have the booklet and I will look at it at home afterwards ...

Information which somebody shares here in the forum should be accessible for every interested one. Since apparently only a part of us here has access to The Archive Plus, you shouldn't post links to these sites. :)
Can I tell you what to write on other forums then?..only fair after all ;)
Last edited by 24db on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Andy's blog has been a considerable labour of love, time and effort, which some less discrete people out there have seen fit to filch from and post as their own in the past. He has every right to filter who does and doesn't have access IMHO - and is more than accommodating to grant access when the site's limits allow (only 99 allowed IIRC). All you need do is send an e-mail - he even set up a mirror to accommodate more people.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:

Andy's blog has been a considerable labour of love, time and effort, which some less discrete people out there have seen fit to filch from and post as their own in the past. He has every right to filter who does and doesn't have access IMHO - and is more than accommodating to grant access when the site's limits allow (only 99 allowed IIRC). All you need do is send an e-mail - he even set up a mirror to accommodate more people.
cheers BTF..btw you forgot money as well ;)...you've slightly (by accident) muddied the waters here mate, as Andreas did ask.

It's all old ground...and I'm not going over it again. Some reasons are in the public, and some aren't..they are private. As it was all the info (relating to the topic) was in the first message I posted, therefore it was all there to read.

if the admin thinks I'm breaking any rules, then he can d-e-lete anything he wants.
Cheers lads :)
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

I love that Tangram mirror symbol. Shame it isn't in the CD version. Then again, the Virgin albums have pitiful booklets, bare minimum and often full of mistakes...

Although to be fair LPs are a lot bigger, so you can fit more in the artwork, i.e. the band photos in Encore's inner sleeve.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

... Indeed! A nice find! Till now, I hadn't noticed this.

Btw it's not all about, whether or why Andy restricts the access to his blog and I'm not annoyed that I don't have access.
But I understand this forum as a place to share informations, knowledge, memories, opinions, fan recordings (via pm :oops: ) ... almost everything which could be interesting for the TD fan community. In this respect I think it's not fair to give fragments only with "dead" links to more or the main information.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

For what it's worth, the original post from Andy is exactly the same as you find when you follow the link. So you're not missing out on anything :)

What took you so long to spot this Andy :?: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:For what it's worth, the original post from Andy is exactly the same as you find when you follow the link. So you're not missing out on anything :)

What took you so long to spot this Andy :?: :wink:
My brain hurts ;)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Obviously I meant "what took you so long to spot the hidden Tangram",
not how long did it take you to spot that the link had the same info as your posting :!:
24db

Post by 24db »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Obviously I meant "what took you so long to spot the hidden Tangram",
not how long did it take you to spot that the link had the same info as your posting :!:
I understood what you meant mate ;)
Well, it wasn't until yesterday when I was scanning some of the photos from the '70-'80 boxset that I noticed (30 years obviously wasn't enough :D). I hope that TD 'one day' do a book (and no I'm not talking about Edgar's/TD's biography btw...it's still being worked on I hear) with some new and old photos. The booklet in the old boxset was ok, but they're not very sharp and some have large bits missing. Personally I'd love to see more from TD's 'lost years' 1967-1972