Few photos from Manchester Apollo 3rd Nov 1980

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Few photos from Manchester Apollo 3rd Nov 1980

Post by Chris Monk »

Pergamon_PB wrote:Thought you guys might want to see although not very good quality. I remember it being difficult to take any recording/camera equipment into venues. Got searched most of the time!!!

http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy18 ... ov%201980/
Wow. Those photos genuinely brought a tear to my eye. That was my first ever TD show. Seems a looooooooooong time ago now but I do remember it with great fondness. Had a bit of an epithany. After years of watching Heavy Metal bands I suddenly realised what live shows should be.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Pergamon_PB

Post by Pergamon_PB »

24db wrote:
Pergamon_PB wrote:By the way, how do you include a photo in the post? Does it need to be of a certain size/pixel??

Use Photobucket...copy and paste from the drop down menu...the last option.

I'd advize that you don't put mega-large photos up...but some people do :D
Hope this works...heres some old badges..

Thanks for advice, know how to do now.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

8) 8)
Had all 3 of the TD badges/patches myself.

Never seen the Stuntman one before though.
Nice photo :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I had the big badge and the cloth patch on my denim jacket as a kid. Got quite a bit of ribbing for that from my mates.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

Rather weirdly I bought my TD badge or was it the patch?, I forget now at the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool...god knows why they were stocking them :)

seem to remember that somebody was still 'trying' to flog the patches outside the SBE in 2001 or the Astoria in 2003...I forget now. I bet most of the audience already had one from 20 years earlier ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:seem to remember that somebody was still 'trying' to flog the patches outside the SBE in 2001 or the Astoria in 2003...I forget now. I bet most of the audience already had one from 20 years earlier ;)
Not sure what I'd do with one anyway. I'm a bit old for a patch-adorned denim jacket these days.
Pergamon_PB

Post by Pergamon_PB »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:seem to remember that somebody was still 'trying' to flog the patches outside the SBE in 2001 or the Astoria in 2003...I forget now. I bet most of the audience already had one from 20 years earlier ;)
Not sure what I'd do with one anyway. I'm a bit old for a patch-adorned denim jacket these days.
You won't catch me wearing any badges nowadays, in fact I hate most of the crappy quality round neck Teeshirts on offer at concerts and webshops, TD stuff included. Shame that most bands put profit before quality and offer items that really interest the fans (Especially the older ones)!!

Just need to find somewhere that can put a small logo/album cover image onto a nice polo shirt or similar. I'd be happy to pay a little extra for this!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Actually I'm looking for a badge to put on my lab coat at work. All of the coats look the same, with nearly as good name badges, so a nice TD badge would save me 15 minutes trying to find mine every morning. :wink:
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

what is the Photobucket password?
Pergamon_PB

Post by Pergamon_PB »

intercorni wrote:what is the Photobucket password?

Password for both RAH and Manchester Apollo is.....

Encore