TD in Portland, OR, USA 1986

Cyclone
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD in Portland, OR, USA 1986

Post by Cyclone »

Today 24 years before, on Sunday, June 1st 1986 TD played at the Arlene Schnitzer Hall in Portland, OR, USA

A good opportunity to listen to TL 63 or another recording of the great 1986 North America tour again.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

It wasn't a bad concert.

I would say that the gigantic bed sheets stretched out everywhere with different colored lights hitting it all night long made it for an interesting evening, but I am not sure that many folks in Portland enjoyed it any more than they would if they had closed their eyes.

I just closed my eyes and lived through all the music ... the visuals were not necessary for me, as I can easily live inside this music.

As far as what they played? ... I have no idea!

My date was my girlfriend at the timne, and while she was not musically ignorant, she did not know Tangerine Dream a whole lot, and seemed to appreciate the visual stuff and some things, but she did ask me once if people actually thought this was music ... I just extended my arm and showed her the whole audience!

The venue was an interesting one and a very good one and the accoustics were ok for once, which is my biggest complaint for any concert in Portland if you do not have your own sound system, the only thing that anyone can hear is a guitar and the drums ... that's rock'n'roll for you, and PDX's worst? ... you got it ... keyboards ... are usually totally ignored, badly mixed and can not be heard at all!

The sound board has it ... but no one else does!

And in the end, the group suffers and their music does not shine like it can!

It was a nice evening. It was also the last time I have enjoyed TD, and it makes me sad. I'm getting on in years, and I will never have a chance to see a Vangelis or a Mike Oldfield or a Klaus Schulze ... 3 of the 4 greatest composers of my generation (TD is the other!) ... and America is a place where a lot of these will never come around ... so getting a chance to catch TD is a treat ... but 25 years between takes maybe too much for me!

You fart's ... I already have tears in my eyes!