TD at the seaside

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD at the seaside

Post by 24db »

It's well recorded (no pun intended) that Rubycon Pt11 uses a treated recording of the sea (played back on two tape machines as the same time, with slightly different speeds to create a phased effect). Perhaps it's less well know that it was recorded by the group whilst on the South coast of England (sometime in 1974 perhaps?)..cheers for reminding me Ben. I wonder where though? ;)
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

I wander if it could be Dover? (complete guess)
SequenceC

Re: TD at the seaside

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:It's well recorded (no pun intended) that Rubycon Pt11
I really wish Rubycon had 11 parts :wink:

'The Rubycon Sessions', would be a dream come true for many. It would come in a boxset, with hours of top quality music. This would be the ultimate package for Rubyconites.

We can dream.

----

BTW, if they did record it in 1974, I guess it was when TD came to the UK for the Phaedra Tour or for Oedipus Tyrannus at Chichester?
24db

Post by 24db »

SequenceC wrote:

'The Rubycon Sessions', would be a dream come true for many. It would come in a boxset, with hours of top quality music. This would be the ultimate package for Rubyconites.

We can dream.

----

BTW, if they did record it in 1974, I guess it was when TD came to the UK for the Phaedra Tour or for Oedipus Tyrannus at Chichester?
when was the high tide at Chichester? :)
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:
SequenceC wrote:

We can dream.

----

when was the high tide at Chichester? :)
They could have travelled to the Sea to record the music and have a holiday before/after the gig.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

west wittering
...The wise.....are silent.....
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

TD played the Kersall in Southend (just down the road from me...) on 23rd September 1974...great venue, now a "fast food" place....

Edgars memories of Southend reappeared on the Antique Dreams cd with Southend Mall http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/antique_dreams.htm

Its called Southend on Sea but the sea bit is hopefull...end of the thames estuary more like :roll:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:TD played the Kersall in Southend (just down the road from me...) on 23rd September 1974...great venue, now a "fast food" place....

Edgars memories of Southend reappeared on the Antique Dreams cd with Southend Mall http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/antique_dreams.htm

Its called Southend on Sea but the sea bit is hopefull...end of the thames estuary more like :roll:

we had some great holidays in southend in the 60s and early 70s......great times......the sea had a strange colour though, especially near the big pipe outlet :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:TD played the Kersall in Southend (just down the road from me...) on 23rd September 1974...great venue, now a "fast food" place....

That would be the the 23rd of November then Mike ;) The Kursaal also isn't really on the south coast. The TDOC used to have a photo of TD on the beach...from memory it was labelled as Southend...no seagulls though :(
Last edited by 24db on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bigmoog wrote:west wittering

west wittering :P
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

SequenceC wrote:

We can dream.

----

Now that would be a real dream come true
:D