TD and Miami Vice music

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

Enjoyed the series when I was a young lad and the music very much. Seem to remember the music added so much though :wink:

Will keep an eye out for some Jan Hammer.........better start saving :shock:
har

Post by har »

Jan Hammer - Escape from Television........... on itunes UK for £7.99
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

or if you prefer a physical copy from £1.82 on amazon....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Escape-Televisi ... 299&sr=8-1
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Jon wrote:I am one of the few who bought the 2CD "Complete Collection" before it got incredibly expensive.
Don't know what you mean. Here it is on Amazon, going for a tiny amount. :shock:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new
Eff me.....828 quid. :roll: :shock: :x
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Jon wrote:I am one of the few who bought the 2CD "Complete Collection" before it got incredibly expensive.
Don't know what you mean. Here it is on Amazon, going for a tiny amount. :shock:

:shock: :o :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: Don't know what you mean. Here it is on Amazon, going for a tiny amount. :shock:

:shock: :o :oops:

Its times like that when illegal downloads come in handy ;-)
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

WTF? :x

Who the hell would spend that much?
I've seen this many times on Amazon on various items, where some prices sold by sellers are FAR higher than the others. Completely ridiculous.
Last edited by SequenceC on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

And what further takes the kick with the pricing is the added delivery:

£828.26
+ £1.24delivery

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You'd think for that insane price, they would personally deliver it to your door (they certainly could afford it...). But what's £1.24 deliver anyway compared to £828 :lol: :lol: :lol:
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

SequenceC wrote:And what further takes the kick with the pricing is the added delivery:

£828.26
+ £1.24delivery

You'd think for that insane price, they would personally deliver it to your door (they certainly could afford it...). But what's £1.24 deliver anyway compared to £828 :lol: :lol: :lol:
....on a velvet cushion...in a horsedrawn carriage...driven by Jan Hammer himself...and his trusty sidekick, MC Hammer (cant touch this!!! ) :lol: :lol:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

SequenceC wrote:And what further takes the kick with the pricing is the added delivery:

£828.26
+ £1.24delivery

yeh ben its taking the pee
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:

£828.26
+ £1.24delivery

yeh ben its taking the pee
Amazon set the p&p price :)
Jon

Post by Jon »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:

£828.26
+ £1.24delivery

....on a velvet cushion...in a horsedrawn carriage...driven by Jan Hammer himself...and his trusty sidekick, MC Hammer (cant touch this!!! ) :lol: :lol:
LOL, I see it in my mind'e eye, Jan himself driving the carriage, and delivering the disc personally! :lol:
mikewp

Re: TD and Miami Vice music

Post by mikewp »

Schmoelling in wonderland wrote:Hi,

I read alot of interviews from Edgar about the Miami Vice Tv serie and how he was upset to not score it. I always think that Michael Mann asked Jan Hammer to sound like TD. It is so similar. It's impossible that Jan Hammer didn't even listened to TD before scoring that TV serie. Maybe he only use the same gear as TD and it's a coincidence, but he cannot release so similar stuff without listening to TD before scoring. Even the chords structure is similar from Logos (the The Keep track (side 1, segment 4) on "Crockett's Theme".

What do you think about it ?

He, a "classic" from Jan Hammer "Crockett's Theme". :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZqHJnTE ... re=related

I don't see there's an question that there was at the very least some suggestion if not to copy TD , to get the TD "vibe" going. I only watched the first season of MV, maybe part of season 2, but, back then I distinctly remember shaking my head slowly several times , hearing the score reaching for TD but falling short.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

£828.26
+ £1.24delivery

Now standing at £908.89!!!

They must be having a laugh.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:

£828.26
+ £1.24delivery

Now standing at £908.89!!!

They must be having a laugh.
If I won a double rollover on the Lottery I would buy it..not going to happen so they can keep it.