Tangerine Dream chronological review archive blog

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tangerine Dream chronological review archive blog

Post by bigmoog »

yes, we all know this exists, OK

I must say I find myself shouting :lol: at the computer screen at the wrong headed reviews here.......I totally disagree with most of the reviews.........but then If you first heard thee Pink ears in 1985, you would hate them too.

still, always good to have a TD site and some of the reviews have some verve and passion for the music.

http://www.tangerinedreamer.co.uk/#tp
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Nice one, never actually seen that site before.
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

I agree with all of his reviews. I like what he said about Electronic Meditation; "Finally, Resurrection sounds like something a devil worshiper might slap on at a party, with its brooding organs, oppressive atmosphere and Edgar Froese talking backwards." :)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nicely laid out site,and interesting reviews 8)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Reviews are always subjective, so it's inevitable my opinions will differ from the writer's from time to time.

That said, these are well written and researched reviews and it's always interesting to read what others have gained from the wonderful music of TD.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

I find this to be a very good site too with some interesting facts about each album, etc. I hope it carries on and covers all TDs work!
hansx

Post by hansx »

Never saw it before. Good site. Guess it has to grow a little, so it is a lifetime achievement. :)
24db

Re: Tangerine Dream chronological review archive blog

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
still, always good to have a TD site...
getting fewer by the year
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:Reviews are always subjective, so it's inevitable my opinions will differ from the writer's from time to time.

That said, these are well written and researched reviews and it's always interesting to read what others have gained from the wonderful music of TD.
Tend to agree. Not much of a fan of reviews. I'm a big fan of Voices In The Net. Sticks to the facts and leaves out the subjective element.

Having said that I do like this archive. Very pleasing on the eye and clearly a lot of work gone into it. Will definitely bookmark it and call in when I can.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

things seem pretty quiet with this blog at the moment (yeah I know, like I should comment!)
Erik

Post by Erik »

alpha centauri:
...but on the whole it is probably impossible to fully appreciate this 'musical journey' unless you are out of your mind on hallucinogenic drugs or piloting a spacecraft through a black hole.
no.

stopped reading after electronic meditation and alpha centauri

edit: lol, i went back for the sake of seeing what i thought would be an inevitable one star review of Cyclone. much to my surprise, he thinks it's better than their ohr records
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

The part that really made me laugh was the review for EM:

"Ashes to Ashes is a jazzy, psychedelic jam that could have been borderline accessible if it wasn't for what sounds like a six year old girl practicing for her flute exam in the room next door accidentally ending up on the recording."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

SequenceC wrote:The part that really made me laugh was the review for EM:

"Ashes to Ashes is a jazzy, psychedelic jam that could have been borderline accessible if it wasn't for what sounds like a six year old girl practicing for her flute exam in the room next door accidentally ending up on the recording."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jazzy?
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

What a shame he suddenly stopped updating his site, I for one quite enjoyed his reviews, shame...
24db

Post by 24db »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:What a shame he suddenly stopped updating his site, I for one quite enjoyed his reviews, shame...
takes a lot of effort to keep these things going