Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:BM types

VIGIL :D :D

:wink:
I'm currently wearing my Gorilla suit until I hear an answer :D
Shouldn't wear it too long it'll start to hum.

The daughter of a mate of mine was traumatised by a Mickey Mouse she met at Disney Land 'cos, in the cold sun, he'd begun to honk a bit.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patchlead

Post by Patchlead »

These suits were worn for ambient monkeys, no? :D
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Andy, Vic asked Johannes your question about these gorilla suits at the press conferece recently at the 2010 Ricochet Gathering in Berlin... Alas he said he didn't know about it... He must have forgotten whatever happened!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

TangFanIRL wrote:Andy, Vic asked Johannes your question about these gorilla suits at the press conferece recently at the 2010 Ricochet Gathering in Berlin... Alas he said he didn't know about it... He must have forgotten whatever happened!
Ahhh schucks....

...just have to wait for Edgar's book.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Maybe it was a statement that the band felt as if there were a bunch of performing gorillas as wasn't this about the time that the Virgin days were finishing and they were going to move over to Jive.
Maybe they were obligated to tour as part of their virgin contract ...........just guessing only the main man will know
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

They put on those gorilla costumes for the "Choronzon" encore at the Aachen 1981 show (which became part of the "Bootmoon" cd series). At the end of the show you can hear someone in the audience saying "hey, you can put them off now" (in German). Dunno about the other two gigs. I think they did this in answer of the usual "boring knob twiddlers" press they received especially in Germany. Revenge of the Apes! :P
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Whoopysnorp wrote:They put on those gorilla costumes for the "Choronzon" encore at the Aachen 1981 show (which became part of the "Bootmoon" cd series). At the end of the show you can hear someone in the audience saying "hey, you can put them off now" (in German). Dunno about the other two gigs. I think they did this in answer of the usual "boring knob twiddlers" press they received especially in Germany. Revenge of the Apes! :P
That would be my guess. TD making fun of the critics. Would like to have it confirmed though.
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

They put too the gorillas costumes at Paris 2.2.1981.
I was in the audience.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

The gorilla suits go back earlier than 1981. At Hammersmith Odeon in 1978, several "gorillas" stormed onto the stage (from the audience if I remember correctly) at the beginning of the encore (nearly knocking over Franke's modular system which wobbled very precariously) to 'The Muppets' theme tune. But it wasn't the band members wearing the suits - they were already seated ready to play. They seemed genuinely surprised and maybe even a bit annoyed. I've always assumed it was a surprise prank carried out by the road crew.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Been to one or two TD shows over the years and never seen a gorilla suit. Feel a bit cheated....

....only kidding. :wink:
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

They also put on those gorilla costumes at the show in Centre Sportif, Differdange (Luxemburg), October 17th 1980. I don't recall having seen them playing in the costumes, so it might as well have been 3 roadies...

I remember that the Luxemburg show was attended by approx. 15 members of the former fan club KLEM, I was one of them. So perhaps somebody else could confirm?
Members and non-members only please.