Artists stating TD as an influence

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Orbital

Autechre:

R: We came through a very straight edge..............electro was kids. Kids didn’t know anything about mind games. I’m sure that Tangerine Dream were a bit more advanced in that.

S: No it wasn’t that at all! It was just the context in which music was presented! Tangerine Dream’s music was presented in a non-social context. It was completely isolationist. While electro and it’s derivatives were totally social and as such had to reflect the situation, the social situation.

Kasabian
Ulrich Schnauss
Porcupine Tree
Future Sound of London
M83
DJ Shadow
Global Communication
Cut Copy
Radio Head
Julian Cope
Deepspace
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Does anybody know what other electronic artists like Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis or Kraftwerk think about Tangerine Dream?
24db

Post by 24db »

phaedra1974 wrote:Does anybody know what other electronic artists like Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis or Kraftwerk think about Tangerine Dream?
Jean-Michel has mentioned TD several times...but he's never been that complimentary, Kraftwerk have also to certain extent....but I've never read an interview where Vangelis has mentioned them
Last edited by 24db on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

I heard White Egle before start the "music for the masses" (Depeche Mode) concert.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

phaedra1974 wrote:Does anybody know what other electronic artists like Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis or Kraftwerk think about Tangerine Dream?
Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis really liked the TD album 'Poland', that's all I know.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Jean-Michel has mentioned TD several times...but he's never been that complimentary, Kraftwerk have a certain extent....but I've never read an interview where Vangelis has mentioned them
The boss told me he only met Vangelis very briefly on one occasion......whether or not Vangelis is a fan or cited them as an influence i would not know....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Nurse with wound (zeit and pink years and steve stapleton is immersed in krautrock)

Current93 : david tibet is on record as saying that 'zeit is the ultimate'

Genesis P Orridge has acknowledged TDs influence via zeit and virgin era on TG and PTV musick

there are more........
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

Amon Tobin (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amon_Tobin) use TD Samples in its tracks.
24db

Post by 24db »

Westlife!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

intercorni wrote:Amon Tobin (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amon_Tobin) use TD Samples in its tracks.

Talanted guy as well
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Westlife!
Surely you jest. You'll be saying the Cheeky Girls next. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:

Actually listen to "Hooray! Hooray! It's a Cheeky Holiday" your be amazed :wink:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

cantosis wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

Actually listen to "Hooray! Hooray! It's a Cheeky Holiday" your be amazed :wink:
You're right :shock:

I listened, and I swear I heard some of the notes that TD use in Rubycon :shock:
Admittedly, in a different order, but the same ones nevertheless :wink:
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

intercorni wrote:I heard White Egle before start the "music for the masses" (Depeche Mode) concert.
Daniel Miller and Alan Wilder are big TD fans - Alan took a huge sample of Rubycon for one of the tracks (the best one) on his last Recoil album. TD get name checked a few times in the DM biography "Stripped".

LFO also mention TD amongst their list of "Pioneers of the Hynotic Groove" on their first LP.
Erik

Post by Erik »

global communication even covered a TD track
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "