John Peel & TD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

John Peel & TD

Post by 24db »

I wonder if we'll ever track down any of the clips of John playing TD?, either privately or from the Beeb's archives.

I own an extract of him playing Mysterious Semblance, but it's hardly a lot :(
24db

Post by 24db »

An extract from a private letter from JP to TD (circa 1973):

...As an afterthought I should say that after a day of listening to perhaps 15 or 20 new (and usually terrible) LPs my lady and I sit down and listen to “Zeit” before going to bed. It clears all that muck out of heads...
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

24db wrote:An extract from a private letter from JP to TD (circa 1973):

...As an afterthought I should say that after a day of listening to perhaps 15 or 20 new (and usually terrible) LPs my lady and I sit down and listen to “Zeit” before going to bed. It clears all that muck out of heads...
Did they cite this in an interview somewhere, or how would you gain excerpts from private letters?
24db

Post by 24db »

Tropylium wrote:

Did they cite this in an interview somewhere, or how would you gain excerpts from private letters?
I bought it
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Tropylium wrote:

I bought it
I very nice buy 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Tropylium wrote: Did they cite this in an interview somewhere, or how would you gain excerpts from private letters?
I bought it
I very nice buy 8)
could have got a silver disc for what it cost me though...I must be have been mad ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: I bought it
I very nice buy 8)
could have got a silver disc for what it cost me though...I must be have been mad ;)
It is in safe keeping :wink: :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: I very nice buy 8)
It is in safe keeping :wink: :)
hmmm...yale lock? (gets skeleton key.........shhhhhhhhhhhhh!)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: I bought it
I very nice buy 8)
Not at all. That's a far more personal and moving memento. Probably my favourite piece of TD memorabilia I have ever seen. :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: I very nice buy 8)
Not at all. That's a far more personal and moving memento. Probably my favourite piece of TD memorabilia I have ever seen. :D
I like it because:
A. it shows John's wry sense of humour.
B. It's basically the starting gun (proper) of TD's career. After that there was no turning back.

It's still a shame that the letter is so short. But I'll admit it was kind of nice showing it Edgar this year and seeing his reaction to something he had seen in 37? years (if at all).
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

sometimes I feel the passing of John Peel is unreal, it cant have happened. The hole left by his death is not going to be filled imho. How sad is that.
:?
...The wise.....are silent.....
Minimoog

Post by Minimoog »

john peel was a true legend.i miss him.