Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Jon »

bigmoog wrote:
Jon wrote:
24db wrote:Image
I always liked that picture. TD goes "poster boys". :lol:

look like drug barons from the Miami Vice tv show...........them 1980s were very :roll: :lol:
LOL, yes.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Schmoelling in wonderland wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:
Jon wrote:Did Summers actually join TD on stage??
No. It was just he, his guitar and a few pedals. I recall him stating at one point, "I'm Andy Summers, and this (pointing to TD equipment behind him) is my equipment." It got quite a few laughs at the time.

I met him a few years later and had to remind him that he opened for TD in '88, to which he replied: "Oh, yeah. Those guys were weird."

:-)
Hi Beaubourg,

I am a big Andy Summers fan ! I always wanted to know how it was when he toured with TD. Do he play with them ? Frienship was developped between Edgar and Andy ?

I don't know what he meant when he said that TD was "weird" because he is, also, a weird guy (in a funny way). He don't take himself to seriously. Very deadpan sense of humour. By the way, his last studio effort was good "Earth & Sky". The tracks "Above the world" and "Earth & Sky" are great rock/jazz fusion.
Summers didn't play with TD. I very much doubt that he and Edgar had any contact after the tour, but of course only Edgar and Summers know.

I have the soundtrack album Down And Out In Beverly Hills (1986) by Summers, and it's not good. I guess he released better albums though. I even think my countryman Øystein Sevåg mixed an album for him in the early 90s.
Schmoelling in wonderland

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

I have the soundtrack album Down And Out In Beverly Hills (1986) by Summers, and it's not good. I guess he released better albums though. I even think my countryman Øystein Sevåg mixed an album for him in the early 90s.
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your answer.
The album mixed by Sevag is "World Gone Strange" (1991).

Have a good day.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

I got the postcard with that photo on. Signed by all 3. Sadly time has worn away the signatures. :roll: