TD biography

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

Looks good, but what we need is an official biography made by Edgar.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:maybe we should await Edgars book.....and in the meantime we have the fan based love......and dedication of the few.....
That's the one I'm really looking forward to, Edgar's bio. The FAQs on this new website have my mouth watering at the prospect of the book. There's some great snippets of info there.
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Wasn't Edgar going to write a book called the "Coachman's Tales, about the time Tyranny of Beauty" came out, no, I mean "Turn of the Tides"??
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
bigmoog wrote:maybe we should await Edgars book.....and in the meantime we have the fan based love......and dedication of the few.....
That's the one I'm really looking forward to, Edgar's bio. The FAQs on this new website have my mouth watering at the prospect of the book. There's some great snippets of info there.
Makes you think whether Chris will wake up and write his version of TD's history
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Makes you think whether Chris will wake up and write his version of TD's history
I can't see this happening, although we may see a riposte, if Edgar's book carries any particularly damning passages.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: That's the one I'm really looking forward to, Edgar's bio. The FAQs on this new website have my mouth watering at the prospect of the book. There's some great snippets of info there.
I can't see this happening, although we may see a riposte, if Edgar's book carries any particularly damning passages.
Ah the Chinese curse..."To be born in interesting times"....looks like it's gonna be an interesting year mate ;)
hansx

Post by hansx »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: That's the one I'm really looking forward to, Edgar's bio. The FAQs on this new website have my mouth watering at the prospect of the book. There's some great snippets of info there.
Lets first see that book, I believe he is just to busy with all the new activities of TD.
24db

Post by 24db »

I hope the book with blow the lid off TD's history....time for a re-think, you betcha!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

staatsgrenze wrote:Wasn't Edgar going to write a book called the "Coachman's Tales, about the time Tyranny of Beauty" came out, no, I mean "Turn of the Tides"??

There were extracts from it on the TOTT inner sleeve :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:
staatsgrenze wrote:Wasn't Edgar going to write a book called the "Coachman's Tales, about the time Tyranny of Beauty" came out, no, I mean "Turn of the Tides"??

There were extracts from it on the TOTT inner sleeve :wink:
Also in the TDI-version of Tyranny of Beauty. The one with salival on the cover.
24db

Post by 24db »

I'd prefer an autobiography myself, we've waited too long for something on the group, and the only things we know so far a few bare bones, and in some cases that's distorted beyond the truth. Time for Edgar to add some details and annecdotes I think :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I'd prefer an autobiography myself, we've waited too long for something on the group, and the only things we know so far a few bare bones, and in some cases that's distorted beyond the truth. Time for Edgar to add some details and annecdotes I think :)

We need the Edgar book sooner rather than later :idea: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:I'd prefer an autobiography myself, we've waited too long for something on the group, and the only things we know so far a few bare bones, and in some cases that's distorted beyond the truth. Time for Edgar to add some details and annecdotes I think :)

Quite apart from the fact that Edgar has been very busy of late, it must be difficult to know where to end this book. TD have been on a epic journey and there is more to come. That said, the wait is frustrating and I'm eagerly anticipating its release.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Quite apart from the fact that Edgar has been very busy of late, it must be difficult to know where to end this book. TD have been on a epic journey and there is more to come. That said, the wait is frustrating and I'm eagerly anticipating its release.
Exactly!, Edgar has to set himself limits, but then again he understands that in music, so it shouldn't be a problem in prose. I hope this turns out to be a massive TD-tome, with lots of new insights on the group, techonology and life in and outside TD.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Exactly!, Edgar has to set himself limits, but then again he understands that in music, so it shouldn't be a problem in prose. I hope this turns out to be a massive TD-tome, with lots of new insights on the group, techonology and life in and outside TD.
And plenty of the great TD artwork from down the years. I would like to see some photos from the Froese family archives, as well!