Paris 14th September 1975 question

Cyclone
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Paris 14th September 1975 question

Post by Cyclone »

TD played in Paris on 14th September 1975.
VitN and other lists say Fête de l'Humanité, but where did this event take place (venue)?
bigmoog

Re: Paris 14th September 1975 question

Post by bigmoog »

Cyclone wrote:TD played in Paris on 14th September 1975.
VitN and other lists say Fête de l'Humanité, but where did this event take place (venue)?

the Fete was / is held at the Bois de Vincennes, Paris. Groups such as TD and PinkFloyd (12.9.1970) have played at the festival

location: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&saf ... CBYQ8gEwAA
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Nice park. However, not worthy to be featued on the Le Parc album.....

Bois de Boulogne but no Bois de Vincennes
Cyclone

Re: Paris 14th September 1975 question

Post by Cyclone »

bigmoog wrote: ... the Fete was / is held at the Bois de Vincennes, Paris. Groups such as TD and PinkFloyd (12.9.1970) have played at the festival ...
I didn't know that the Fête de l'Humanité is so big and takes place every year. Thanks for the hint.

I found a french Wikipedia page now:
(http://) fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%AAte_de_l'Humanit%C3%A9 *
and this picture:

I understand little French, but is according to the Wikipedia info (Objectifs et histoire) possible
the Fête de l'Humanité 1975 and TD's performance there took place in La Courneuve, northeastern
suburb of Paris?

:?: ... Andy, Charles?

Does anybody have this picture in higher resolution?

* For unknown reasons this url cannot be entered correctly here.
klaus radiola

Post by klaus radiola »

Hi all,

Tangerine Dream definitely played in the Parc de La Courneuve, a couple of kilometres north of P a r i s. Check out Google Map to see where it is. It was some kind of 2 days political / musical festival (still existing today), organised by the French Communist Party, and happening every year in September. Other bands were : Alan Stivell, Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes, Malicorne, François Béranger, Jacques Higelin, Kevin Coyne, etc...

I was at this show. The TD concert occured on Sunday night. They were the major event. I remember we were all lying on the grass while the sun was slowly falling down... I was just fascinated by the band equipment, which looked like 3 walls of thousand tiny red lights. Stars were shining above us. It was beautiful. There were maybe 30 or 50 000 people there, so I'm quite surprised only one poor quality tape has surfaced so far (TLeave 70). :shock:
Unfortunatly, it seems the festival promoters never recorded any bands playing there. They were probably too busy talking about politics. :evil:
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

La Courneuve is to the North of P A R I S.
Bois de Vincennes is to the East of P A R I S
Bois de Boulogne is to the West of P A R I S

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr