TD will start doing film music again

Justin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Justin »

What's Michael Mann up to lately?! I did get to a rare cinema showing of Thief a week or so ago. Great to see it on the big screen and with the soundtrack nice and loud!
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Justin wrote:What's Michael Mann up to lately?! I did get to a rare cinema showing of Thief a week or so ago. Great to see it on the big screen and with the soundtrack nice and loud!
No new Mann movies coming up. He isn't the most productive director.

When he did Manhunter in 1986, he already felt Jan Hammer was a bit outdated, so he hired Michel Rubini instead. Maybe he doesn't even know TD is still active.

Also, he has worked several times with composers like Elliot Goldenthal and Lisa Gerrard/Pieter Bourke lately, so maybe they are his first choices.
rigel

Post by rigel »

Justin wrote:What's Michael Mann up to lately?! I did get to a rare cinema showing of Thief a week or so ago. Great to see it on the big screen and with the soundtrack nice and loud!
Hi, I have long wanted to see this, and The Keep, on the big screen. Do you mind my asking where it was you saw Mann's film Thief at the cinema recently? I'm jealous. :wink:
Jon

Post by Jon »

Edgar stated in the recent radio interview from New York that TD is indeed working on film music again, but he couldn't reveal what project it was.

Really curious now... :lol:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:Edgar stated in the recent radio interview from New York that TD is indeed working on film music again, but he couldn't reveal what project it was.

Didn't Edgar present Michael Mann with an award in Germany not so long ago?

May be TD are working on the soundtrack for the next Michael Mann film....

...hmmm.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:Edgar stated in the recent radio interview from New York that TD is indeed working on film music again, but he couldn't reveal what project it was.

Didn't Edgar present Michael Mann with an award in Germany not so long ago?

May be TD are working on the soundtrack for the next Michael Mann film....

...hmmm.
I don't know of any award.

According to imdb.com Mann is not working on anything at the moment.
Justin

Post by Justin »

The recent screening of 'Thief' was at Cinema City in Norwich, Norfolk. Not the most pristine of prints but too good an opportunity to pass up. Plus I got to go with my Dad which was great.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Some very nice piano pieces on this release.

(not official obviously)

Jon

Post by Jon »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Some very nice piano pieces on this release.

(not official obviously)

Yes, I have that one. The last time TD scored a "proper" movie. I asked director Bobby Roth about this in an interview some time ago:

Q: In 1992, TD scored their very last Hollywood project, The Switch. This is really a solo score by Edgar Froese. Are you pleased with this rather laid-back score? What did you think when Edgar stated he would no longer work on film music? What was the reason for this decision? Would you have continued working with them if they had kept on working in the film business?

A: Honestly, this was no fun. Edgar’s “first score” did not work for me at all and the piano score was a compromise he did with me there in Austria. He never told me that Paul had left. He’s actually a very circumspect fellow, though I love and admire him. I didn’t know he stopped doing film music… I simply stopped working with him after THE SWITCH because people were in no hurry to pay the extra dough to send me to Europe to score and I was working with television producers who had their own ideas.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Interesting. Wonder what the "first score" sounded like.
Maybe some of the msuic has been re-used on other releases.

I guess we'll never know (maybe until THE BOOK comes out)
:)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

"What exciting projects or performances are currently in the pipeline?"

Touring Europe and North America and also preparing things for our new entry into the world of the big screens. Scoring movies had been a longtime traditional work for the band which we interrupted a couple of years ago.

http://www.ents24.com/web/news/Ten_Ques ... 78899.html

:D
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:"What exciting projects or performances are currently in the pipeline?"

Touring Europe and North America and also preparing things for our new entry into the world of the big screens. Scoring movies had been a longtime traditional work for the band which we interrupted a couple of years ago.

"a couple of years" hey ? 20 years... Funny ! :?
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I watched Minority Report on Blu-ray last weekend and noticed in end titles that Paul Haslinger had made 2 music pieces (ad music) for the movie.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Marc M wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:"What exciting projects or performances are currently in the pipeline?"

"a couple of years" hey ? 20 years... Funny ! :?
Yes, I guess old Ed isn't too good with numbers. :)