Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

Post by ant »

:) It's not a problem. I look forward to receiving it along with Quantum Gate, on the 50th Anniversary of the formation of the greatest band that has ever lived!! As they say, 'All good things come to those who wait'!! :)
Biggus Dickus
Jon

Post by Jon »

LOL!!!

29 September!

Just for fun, has anyone compiled all the different dates the book "should have been" released? :lol:
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

dgb1 wrote: [...] If you pre-ordered the book, you will receive a beautiful postcard-sized print of some of Edgar’s artwork (12.5 cm x 23.5 cm), which would look very nice framed, and a bookmark with a picture of Edgar to make up for the delay.
That's very kind of them.

Particularly when bearing in mind that, originally, the first 500 people to pre-order the book were promised to receive some extra CDs with unreleased material etc. etc.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
ant

Post by ant »

:D The CD's will still be with it, as far as I know!! :D
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

ant wrote::D The CD's will still be with it, as far as I know!! :D
and they'll be available to anyone who purchases the book..NOT just those that pre-paid 4 years ago....
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Keeping my fingers firmly crossed you know right.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
and they'll be available to anyone who purchases the book..NOT just those that pre-paid 4 years ago....
Money is what floats their boat, I suppose.

BTW, what 29th September were they talking about? This year, or next decade, or next incarnation perhaps?
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Cello

Post by Cello »

projekt-elektronik wrote:
Keeping my fingers firmly crossed you know right.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Money is what floats their boat, I suppose.

BTW, what 29th September were they talking about? This year, or next decade, or next incarnation perhaps?
"into the lake with him!" Astérix chez les Selvètes :mrgreen:
ant

Post by ant »

:) I think it is a full-length CD for the 500 that pre-ordered and a Cup-Disc version for those that have ordered since or in the future. :)
Biggus Dickus
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

projekt-elektronik wrote: BTW, what 29th September were they talking about? This year, or next decade, or next incarnation perhaps?
It is important not to rush things.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

There's no getting away from it, this is a major disappointment.

However, when we finally get this book, I am sure it will be worth it. Therefore I will try to remain patient and calm :|
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

ant wrote::) I think it is a full-length CD for the 500 that pre-ordered and a Cup-Disc version for those that have ordered since or in the future. :)

It is....those ordering the book get the CD for free.

From the email received off Eastgate (The release date hos now changed of course)

Others will be able to get the CD & EP from the Eastgate shop sometime after

There will be two CDs coming along with the book, a full CD album and an EP or so-called CUPDISC as Edgar would say.
The CD and EP, both have the title: LIGHT FLUX and will be released on 14th July as well.
The first 500 pre-sale participants of the book will receive the full CD album for free.

All further pre-sale participants who will pre-order the book until 13th July 2017 will receive the EP for free.
The EP is the single release of the full album containing a part of the album tracks.
As naturally Edgar sadly can’t sign the book nor the CDs as it was envisaged once (which would have been made the gems even more attractive for collecting fans),
we won’t go for a limited CD or EP. So everybody will have the chance – when not being among the first 500 – to at least buy the full album and also the EP later in our shop if desired.

More details on the releases will follow soon, attached you can already have a look at the CD covers.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

dgb1 wrote:FORCE MAJEURE...
To those of you who pre-ordered the book “FORCE MAJEURE”
Instead we have decided to release the book on September 29th, 2017, at the same time as the album “QUANTUM GATE”.
Ohhh gads ... now I have to watch Game of Thrones instead!

As for the album, based on the previews it is very disappointing and not the experimental and exciting material, that supposedly, EF was trying to embark on ... it has lost its edge of creativity and sound quality, for rather basic electronic theme music, that is in a big hurry to show the theme again, so you know you are hearing a song! No more of the historic "force majeure" that TD has been for the length of its life. The current material needs way too many pots and pans, kitchen utensils, street noise and a large amount of cucarachas breast nudes to make it come alive!

The book, at least, should be a nice breadth of fresh air by comparison ... and hopefully also funny. Always loved his coffee jokes about CF.
tangerine62

Post by tangerine62 »

I'll be 55 on the 29th of September. Can't wait for the book nor the album.....what a great day :D :D :D :D :D. I ordered this book on the 6th of December 2014, all good things come to those that wait.
ant

Post by ant »

:( Don't get too excited as I think it is going to be the end of October now, so I have heard!! :(
Biggus Dickus
Jon

Post by Jon »

ant wrote::( Don't get too excited as I think it is going to be the end of October now, so I have heard!! :(
LOL! :lol: