Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

tdfan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

Post by tdfan »

Could someone please open the book and take a photo. So we can see what it looks like. Only text or are there pictures? Anything in colour inside?
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

It was announced that due to font and page size that the entire book would fit into less pages than originally predicted.
Don't panic, nothing hs been omitted.

David
I don‘t want to violate copyright laws by showing contents of the book on this forum, even if it‘s just a photo of one of the pages. However you are correct, it may „only“ be 394 pages total but each of them is crammed full with text and takes much longer to read than usual! So the whole text might easily add to as much as 600+ pages in a standard sized layout. I have so far only managed to read the first two chapters which deal with Edgars encounters with Dali and Hendrix in 1967... there are 39 of them in the German version of the book. So far very interesting and very well written, and deeply personal. I hope the English translated version will manage to capture Edgars writing ability, as it is quite above the usual norm, at least for autobiographies written by musicians. He can be quite philosophical at times :)
The „Light flux“ cupcake CD contains six tracks, namely Green summer clouds, Meteor, Tyger 2013, Reaching Ravenna, Nemesis, and Logos 2014. The book also has 40 pages which only consist of photos in a more or less chronological order, from showing Edgar as a baby up to recent pictures of the band, ca. 2012, many of which have been unreleased so far. Cover artwork of official releases is also included.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

It has arrived in the UK !!!!!!!!!!!!
ant

Post by ant »

:D Great news. Hopefully mine will arrive soon too in that case. It's a pity they don't send out emails telling us when they have been shipped and then, at least, we would have some idea as to when they will arrive. At the moment I don't know if it's been sent yet or not!! Oh well, we will see. Fingers crossed! :D
Biggus Dickus
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

On the book page it says "
ATTENTION: THIS BOOK MUST BE ORDERED SEPARATELY FROM OTHER PRODUCTS, OTHERWISE POSTAGE WOULDN'T BE SUFFICIENT! "

I think that becomes a bit strange if one only wants to order the book with the companion CD. That would be an extra 7 euro in postage to EU for shipping a CD in a cardboard sleeve. Considering the book now cost 70 euro + postage + vat.

Can't afford it right now but maybe for X-mas.
ant

Post by ant »

:? I think the cd will be shipped with the book at no extra cost as it is part of the package!! :)
Biggus Dickus
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Yes, hopefully no extra postage. But the CD has to be bought as it was only free to those who pre-ordered.
All participants of the presale profit from a reduced presales price and the first 500 buyers will additionally receive a FULL CD called LIGHT FLUX of at least one hour length containing some new unreleased Tangerine Dream tracks including those three tracks of the special EP. (The full CD and the EP can also be bought in our shop after release of the book.) ALL buyers taking part in the PRE-SALE after the 500 full CDs have gone will nevertheless receive a SPECIAL EP with three tracks (3 chosen tracks from the the full CD) until the day of the end of the pre-sale!!
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

It's here !!!

It is a thing of beauty .

Can't wait to get stuck in, I will treasure this book. Light Flux going on right now.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Yipeeee!!!!!!!!!! My copy of the book has arrived and it is magnificent. Can't wait to get started on it. Thank you so much Edgar and thank you Bianca for your add-ins and for seeing it through to completion. Wonderful!! :D
Biggus Dickus
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

And on that day, there will be weeping & wailing and much gnashing of teeth. For, on the lectern, sat the book. The great book relating to all things Tangerine. Alongside it, came the CD and the bookmark. A little light reading tonight then?
Cello

Post by Cello »

The book arrived in switzerland this morning, but unfortunately not the (ordered) german version. :cry:
forcemajeure

Post by forcemajeure »

I can confirm the book has made it offshore to the Isle of Wight!
Being in vanguard of this project when I ordered and helped fund the project on 12 February 2014 in my parcel was also the Light Flux CD, the bookmark and an Edgar print.
I knew the book would see the light of day and yes it has taken longer to appear the many of us thought it would but back in the day on 12 Feb 2014 we none of us knew what was then to pass in January 2015.
On the very first page of the book as you open you see that immortal quote from Edger.
The book is wonderfully produced and it seems special that my login here is the title of the book!
I have only read the Foreward by Bianca but just those 2 pages were very moving.
It is rare for me to read a book - but this book will be the exception to the rule.
So for now thank you to all at Eastgate and of course Bianca for bringing this huge piece of work by Edgar to fruition.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

Gosh ... guys ... stop it! You're killing me having to wait here on the West Coast ... at that pace, almost 4 weeks to the Isle of Wight, it will be 4 months before it gets here to California, Oregon and Washington!

Get the turtles ready!

And Dali used clocks? What a dunce!
dgb1

Post by dgb1 »

Still nothing here in sunny Glasgow!
I think mine must have been sent by carrier pigeon.
Ah well, patience...

David
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

I've skimmed through the book to get a flavour and have started reading it from page 1, now up to page 40. It is everything that I'd hoped for - lots of detailed descriptions of recording processes, concert tours, a lot of info re relationships with band members, the press, agents etc. Well done to the guy who has translated Edgar's words.

I'm on cloud 9 and I will treasure this book.