Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

tangerine62
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

Post by tangerine62 »

It husnae arrived in sunny Kemlin (Near Falkirk) . Help ma boab I cannae stand the excitement. Am peeing ma pants in quiet expectation. Only 2 years 10 months and 18 days (who's counting) since I ordered the holy grail.....I can wait a wee bit longer.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

The book has arrived in Paris, France ! So happy to have it, finally (pre-ordered at the beginning of 2014)...
Could be very long to read, but who cares ? 8) 8) 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
rkoch

Post by rkoch »

Can anyone from Germany tell, with which parcel service the book has been sent?
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Snail Mail Couriers Inc. , I suppose.

No, seriously, it seems to have been mailed by DHL Registered Mail, shipped from Eisenstadt in Austria.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
rkoch

Post by rkoch »

rkoch wrote:Can anyone from Germany tell, with which parcel service the book has been sent?
So today, the book has arrived Munich including the sealed cd "the flux", a bookmark with picture from Edgar and and wonderful graphic card from bianca. The Book is amazing and printed on high-grade paper. It comes by post with enroll.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Once again a requst for a photo from inside the book. To see what it is like. Shouldn't be a problem, Amazon and other sites can publish it without making copyright infringement. Take it from a distance just to show the page layout.

Also, is the Light Flux CD in any way mentioned or referenced in the book?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

tdfan wrote:Once again a requst for a photo from inside the book. To see what it is like. Shouldn't be a problem, Amazon and other sites can publish it without making copyright infringement. Take it from a distance just to show the page layout.

Also, is the Light Flux CD in any way mentioned or referenced in the book?
The problem is that this forum does not support direct upload of pictures. You first have to uplad it to an external website or server, and then make an image link in this forum. But I will try to do so when I get the book. AND... wonder of all wonders, it seems the book has now finally arrived in Scandinavia. Today, three years and nine months after I ordered the book, I received a package notice from Eastgate. I am 99% sure it is the book. Soon on my way to pick it up. :D :mrgreen: :D
But just after that I have to go to work. So picture has to wait a little bit. Will see into it again late tonight. :)

Edit: Alternativly you can send me your e-mail adress in a private message and I can send you pictures.

Edit: #2: A short word about the layout. It is quite special. I guess some may not like it. It's like the Bible. Two columns per page packed with text throughout the book (except for the picture section in the middle). But I guess this is the Bible for TD fans, so maybe that is how it should be. :wink:
Last edited by Insvims on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

well worth the long wait.

a very interesting, personal, moving, engaging account...and a very nice production

.many revelations within.

such as.....

*sequencer king* :mrgreen:
...The wise.....are silent.....
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Alternativly you can send me your e-mail adress in a private message and I can send you pictures.
Thank you Insvims. PM sent.
tangerine62

Post by tangerine62 »

The holy grail has landed in Bonnie Scotland yee haa. Amazing book, but not a handy size.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I finally received it.

I think the correct title for the book should be "Force Majeure 1967 - 1990".

Seems to be mostly about the 70s and 80s, which is a bit disappointing for a fan like me, who discovered the band in 1991.

But on the other hand...of course I look forward to reading the book.

I sneak-peaked a bit through the book, and found it interesting that Edgar and Franke had a 10 minute meeting in LA in 1989 about further collaboration. After that, they never talked again.

Another peculiar thing was that Haslinger considered going with Franke in 87, instead of continuing with Edgar. I wonder if TD may have been dissolved if that had happened.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Had the book for a while now and had to say how much I've enjoyed it.
It's beautifully written and shows that Edgar wasn't just a talented musician.
The way he describes all of the happenings in the book has added lots of colour to many of the famed incidents the band were involved in.
I now feel that I understand the history of the band far more clearly.

Many thanks to everyone who finally got this work into print and it was well worth the wait.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

After having finished the book, all I can ask is: Who is Edgar Froese?

This very important question has been left unanswered in an autobiography -- there is a bunch of TD-related anecdotes but hardly anything about his personal background. Which leaves the family album snapshots a bit out-of-context...

I was also surprised to read very little about Jerome and Monica, other than what you would expect to read about people who accompanied him along the way for a while. What I read about Jerome in one of the final chapters goes to support my thoughts about the relationship within the group and the feelings after Edgar's passing.

I am glad the book is finally there but OTOH it doesn't exactly help to shed some light on the mystery.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
studio308

Post by studio308 »

I've ordered the book 27 January 2014 and received it two days ago though with 3 track EP. Should I think that this was a mistake or there were 500 buyers already by that date? Actually included paper invoice stated the wrong order date as 21 February 2014. I'm trying to contact them now and find out, what does it mean. I was among the first and I receive just a piece of what I deserve. Not fair...
dgb1

Post by dgb1 »

studio308 wrote:I've ordered the book 27 January 2014 and received it two days ago though with 3 track EP. Should I think that this was a mistake or there were 500 buyers already by that date? Actually included paper invoice stated the wrong order date as 21 February 2014. I'm trying to contact them now and find out, what does it mean. I was among the first and I receive just a piece of what I deserve. Not fair...
Yes, it sounds like a mistake.
I ordered mine on the same date and I received the full album.
Remember, Eastgate are a small business, mistakes can happen given the amount of books they are dealing with, I'm sure they'll sort it for you.

David