The News About Edgar

Okefenokee
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: The News About Edgar

Post by Okefenokee »

Oh no. I just read the bad news on the german news website ZEIT online.
I can't believe it. I followed TD since the mid-70s and I have nearly all of their albums. They made me start playing keyboards. I saw TD three times live: 1980, 1982 and in the late 1990s. Edgar and TD were part of my life. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dangerine Dream

Alles Gute Edgar

Post by Dangerine Dream »

Herr Froese. Edgar. Ich bin sehr traurig über Deinen plötzlichen und viel zu frühen Tod. Meine Frau und ich haben geweint als wir am Freitag davon erfuhren. Bis tief in die Nacht sog ich Deine Musik in mich hinein. Die halbe Nacht lag ich wach, und wenn ich schlief träumte ich von Dir und Deiner Musik. Ich hoffe wir werden uns in einer anderen Galaxie wieder begegnen. All meine Gedanken sind bei Dir Edgar, und bei Deiner Frau und Deinem Sohn und natürlich bei der Band und dem Eastgate Team. Ich wünsche allen viel Kraft. Herr Froese für die unvergessliche Musik die mich seit Mitte der 70er (Sorcerer) nicht mehr los lässt verneige ich mich vor Dir und bedanke mich. Meine Frau und ich haben leider viel zu spät die Atmosphäre Deiner Live-Performance entdeckt. Danke für Berlin 2009, Paris 2010, Berlin 2012 und Nürnberg und Offenbach 2014. Lieber Edgar natürlich haben wir geahnt dass es Dir gesundheitlich nicht so toll geht. Wir hatten mehrmals die Ehre mit Dir persönlich einige Worte zu wechseln. Wir hatten uns so sehr gewünscht Dich mit Deiner Band auch 2015 wieder erleben zu dürfen. Leider schaffst Du das nicht mehr. Wo immer Du jetzt auch bist Edgar, Du wirst diese Zeilen hoffentlich lesen. Noch am 19.01.2015 habe ich mir den Film „Atemlos vor Angst“ bzw. „Sorcerer“ auf Arte angesehen. Als ich zu Bett ging, ich war kaum eingeschlafen, wurde ich durch Musik geweckt. Es lief „Boat To China“. Unser CD – Player hatte sich gegen 00:30 Uhr selbst angeschaltet. Ich dachte erst meine Frau hatte vergessen das Gerät abzuschalten. Sie sagt aber dass sie den Cd –Player an diesem Tag gar nicht genutzt hatte. Wie gesagt am 20.01.2015 gegen 00:30 Uhr. Hätte ich das nicht selbst erlebt, ich würde es nicht glauben. Edgar, ich bin mir sicher Du hast nur Deine kosmische Adresse geändert. Ich möchte Allen Mut machen. Da gibt es etwas zwischen Himmel und Erde. Der Tod ist nicht das Ende. Ruhe in Frieden Edgar. „The Dream is always the same“ but „The Dream Will Be Never The Same“.

Danke für Alles. Mein Mandarinentraum geht weiter

Edmund
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

A terrible shock for us all. I have been devastated since last night. Lost for words, and heartbroken. My thoughts go out to Bianca, Jerome, Thorsten, Hoshiko, Ulrich, and all previous band members. This is so hard to believe.
Save journey beyond Edgar, you great master and wisdom.
There is no death, there is just a change of our cosmic address...
Mars

Post by Mars »

I am so sad for this tragic news.... my condolances goes to Jerome and Bianca and the band.
I have followed Edgars music since 1980, but didnt experience him and Td until 1997 at The Sky Club Bromlovka Praha. (Goblins Club Tour).
After that it has been 14 more Td concerts, with the last one in Copenhagen Sorcerer Show in 2014.
While travelling on these shows I met some fantastic Td fans and band members. Td fans from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales,
Germany, Holland, Denmark, Usa, Italy, Sweden, Hungary, Belgium, Poland, France, Czech Repuplic and fellow Norwegian fans (you knowWho you are). So, if it wasnt for you Edgar and your musical and genius universe, I would never had met so many fantastic genuine, happy, devoted and honest people and td band members.

One concert stands out as very unique, that was Tangerine Dream plays Edgar Froese in Eindhoven Holland 2008. This was the first and last time you performed your solo work Live. Adult men was crying at that concert..it was so fantastic to hear and see your solo work performed at a concert, and how proud you looked. Tears comed to my eyes when you played Drunken Mozart In The Desert, an alltime fav of mine from the Stuntman album. I met you several times backstage on the fab concept Meet and Greet. You wanted to be close to your fans, so we had the chance to get to know you and the band as well. I am forever grateful for all you have given me Edgar! Tangerine Dream music is timeless, and suits all states of minds and moods.
Today I feel empty and sad, like I have lost a family member. You will always be remembered, because your music is timeless. Now I will cherish your memory by spinning Ricochet Part Two. The Heaven has got themselves one of the worlds greatest composers and musical geniuses ever! I know God will take specially care of you, cause he attended some of your cathedral concerts in the 70s. Thank you for everything Edgar! See you on a gig in the sky sometime. Dream In Heaven.

Ståle-Myhre Wollnich ( "tangerman") Norway."
Last edited by Mars on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Force Maysuere

Post by Force Maysuere »

Just received a text from my brother..."your music hero has passed away." Feared for the worst and checked the website and the very sad news was confirmed. Lost for words and absolutely devastated but not as much as it must be for Bianca and Jerome ...be strong. Heartfelt condolences to you both as well as to the band and all at Eastgate. Edgar I never met you but you have been a very big part of my life...THANK YOU and may you rest in peace.
Schmoelling in wonderland

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

I just learn that Edgar have passed away.

I feel so sad !!!!
i am probably not the biggest fan of the last 20 or 25 years but i have a DEEP respect for his work. I must say that the latest year's music was more interesting for me.

Like someone else have already say here on the Forum, TD music is a part of my DNA.
TD was in my life since my early 12 or 14 years old when my older brother was listening TD. Then, in the 90's, i was still listening to them and trying to discover older material (80's, 70's). I must say that TD music was always part of the soundtrack of my life wathever i was happy or sad, TD music was always there to support me.

I will always remember the first time i listen to Underwater Sunlight, my first TD album, on summer of 1987.
I will alway remember listening to the 1982's live from Melbourne tapes when i was doing some bike on the summer of 1997.
I waill always remember the music of Firestarter on the Winter of 1998. It fit perfectly to this time of my life.
I will always remember the first time i was listening to LOGOS on November of 1997 and how much i listened and like this recording.
For me, Tangram is my Sept/Oct of 1997.
Always remeber my university studiying on sept 1995 with Tyranny of beauty...

And so on, and so on.

I am very sad to learn this news.

Take care Edgar, and thanks for everything.
EricDraven

Post by EricDraven »

Edgar you will be missed sir.
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

RIP music genius
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

I don't check the news so often. I read a forum member on another thread who posted something like "RIP Edgar" so I went and looked for it and I was so freaking shocked!!! I can't believe we just lost this LEGEND!! It's like losing a member of my family!! I just hope he went away knowing the great satisfaction he provided us with this magnificent and magical journey he gave us for more than 40 years!!!

This deserves a TD Marathon, man!! From Electronic Meditation to Mala Kunia, my speakers will be extremely loud these days. I don't care if it bothers anyone or not.

May Edgar rest in peace. A great loss, indeed! A dark day in the TD Universe, but he will live forever on every last one of us through any of his notes.
Jacob2112

Post by Jacob2112 »

My first TD album was Ricochet in 1976. The sequence between 14.40 and 15.30 on side 2 with that magical key change was, is and always will be my favourite piece of music. I don't know why but it just gets to my very soul. I have played it on every important day in life...21st, 50th, my wedding, my son's birth and many more. I'll continue to do so in the future and I'll make damn sure it is played when I die. I played it today LOUD!! TD may end as an entity but they will ALWAYS exist. Thank you Edgar - you have left me/all of us so much.
ant

Post by ant »

:( I first read the email from Bianca yesterday morning and I just couldn't believe it. I was in shock and totally totally gutted. It felt like I had lost a member of my family, that is how close I felt to Edgar after having followed him and his wonderful music for 44 years. All my plans for the rest of the day went out of the window and I spent it watching two live dvd's and played some records. At the same time I had a few beers and raised a glass to the man who has been such a big part of my life and it is hard to imagine my remaining time on this planet without his presence. But, oh boy, what a wonderful store of his music we have to still fill the rest of our lives and I am just so glad I managed to meet him and shake his hand last year. That memory will stay with me until I join him in the next cosmic address. R.I.P. Edgar, you were a true inspiration and we will always love you. My thoughts are with Bianca, Jerome and everyone else connected at this very difficult time. :(
Biggus Dickus
jd_tdfan80

Post by jd_tdfan80 »

So sad to hear of Edgar's passing. And would have to agree with other posters that TD without Edgar is not TD. Seen TD twice- Dublin 1980 and RAH 2010. Had the pleasure of meeting Edgar and shaking his hand at the band meet, RAH. Thanks to Conrad.

The first TD album I bought was Stratosfear in Pat Egan's, Sound Cellar, Dublin. But overheard someone say Ricochet was better.
Having listened to Stratosfear, which was great and then bought Ricochet, which was brilliant and will always be the one for me.

Edgar Froese R.I.P
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

One thing I noticed with edgars passing is it brought us all together. I was deeply moved byall the words written about the man.
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

ant wrote::( It felt like I had lost a member of my family, that is how close I felt to Edgar after having followed him and his wonderful music for 44 years. All my plans for the rest of the day went out of the window :(
I could not agree with you more mate, well put.

Totally gutted :cry:

Can't say anymore.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Only now, after a few days I am able to write about this sad news here. I have been stagnant. I received the Eastgate newsletter Fri, 23 Jan 2015 7:51 PM, but I didn't check this email account until about Saturday 2 AM before going to bed. The news was so unexpected. It feld so unreal. I could not believe this could happen. Edgar Froese is the kind of immortal person you think will never die. I spent the weekend in state on shock, denial and stagnation. I don't feel like listening to any Tangerine Dream music right now. Later. The only music I was able to listen to after the sad news was renaissance lamentations by Palestrina, Lassus etc.

Now I am learning to live in a world without the man. I discovered Tangerine Dream's music quite late, in 2008. I had known about TD since early 1990's, but I never understood how huge they are, how grand their music is. I didn't even know the band existed anymore. In Finland here I live knowbody talks about Tangerine Dream. Most of Finns don't understand electronic music at all. During these 7 years I have been a fan of Tangerine Dream I have learned to respect and admire Edgar Froese as an unique great man.