What do you think / wish: is this the end of TD?

dream-fan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

What do you think / wish: is this the end of TD?

Post by dream-fan »

I am still shocked about the bad news from yesterday' s newsletter about Edgar. Maybe it is not yet the right time to think about it, but I thought last night about the future of TD. What do you think? Is this the end of Tangerine Dream? I think it would be great, if Ulrich and Thorsten would continue (if they want to), maybe with some guests. What is your wish about the future of TD?
mikewp

Re: What do you think / wish: is this the end of TD?

Post by mikewp »

dream-fan wrote:I am still shocked about the bad news from yesterday' s newsletter about Edgar. Maybe it is not yet the right time to think about it, but I thought last night about the future of TD. What do you think? Is this the end of Tangerine Dream? I think it would be great, if Ulrich and Thorsten would continue (if they want to), maybe with some guests. What is your wish about the future of TD?

Maybe it isn't the right time, but, so it goes.

My feeling is, it will and should be the end of Tangerine Dream. Already we were prepared for TD to come to an end in 2017 per Edgar's plans. There is no Tangerine Dream without him.

Likely there is recently completed music which will be released at some point in the near future.

And it is possible that more archival music could be released as well.

Tangerine Dream will cease to be but, there is music to continue the legacy.
impaler42

Post by impaler42 »

I would be fine with the band coming to an end with the caveat that there is some kind of tribute/farewell tour to Edgar. It doesn't have to be many shows. Just a few in USA and Europe. It would be a great way to get past members to pay homage to their fallen colleague and a wonderful way for fans to celebrate the legacy of TD one final time. I believe they were already in preparation to do some shows. I feel like this is a fair middle ground - ending the band after a series of shows in 2015 celebrating the life and work of Edgar Froese and Tangerine Dream.
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

impaler42 wrote:I would be fine with the band coming to an end with the caveat that there is some kind of tribute/farewell tour to Edgar. It doesn't have to be many shows. Just a few in USA and Europe. It would be a great way to get past members to pay homage to their fallen colleague and a wonderful way for fans to celebrate the legacy of TD one final time. I believe they were already in preparation to do some shows. I feel like this is a fair middle ground - ending the band after a series of shows in 2015 celebrating the life and work of Edgar Froese and Tangerine Dream.
My thoughts are the same.
Think all fans, especially the die-hard fans, would appreciate a special day to remember Edgar Froese, TD, and all the music.
To share what binds us and is very special. The joy and different feelings you have when exposed to the music of Tangerine dream.

First we need to experience the process of mourning.
The music will last forever.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Too soon to think about for me - can't imagine those close to EF or who worked with him are in a place to even begin thinking about this. :(
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Same for me, too early to even think about what will happen. In fact in the grand scheme of things this will be well down the list.

I, like many I am sure, am struggling with this. Still can't believe it. Just imagine what this will be like for those loved ones closest to Edgar.

Personally I think it will be the end of The Dream, and that is fitting I feel.

:(
batman

Post by batman »

and now.......Tangerine Dream without Edgar???????
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
Axel

Post by Axel »

Tangerine Dream's soul has been Edgar Froese from the beginning.
In my opinion it doesn't make any sense to keep something alive without its soul.
There are and have been many fine musicians in the band, but without Edgar Froese it wouldn't be Tangerine Dream anymore.
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

There is no Tangerine Dream without Edgar (IMHO). Please do not allow anyone to continue on with the band. It would be a tremendous injustice and would only sound forced and artificial (again, just my humble opinion).

With that being said, I would love for any near-completed or mostly-completed projects to be released. Also, any archival/vaulted material should be released a little at a time. What a fitting tribute for a man who has brought so much joy and inspiration to so many. It would be like a Tangerine Dream time capsule taking us on a trip into the past to rediscover what our hearts have held so dear for so long.

If any former TD members are holding on to any tapes/archival material, NOW is the time to let bygones be bygones and to forgive and to forget and unchain these compostions once and for all for everyone to hear and experience. We all have a limited time to do our thing on this little mote of dust in the vast, cosmic playground. Don't waste it on egos or grudges.

Finally, Edgar's autobiography should be releases in it's true, UNALTERED form. No censorship or unnessecary editing, please. Let it be his epitaph. Let him have the final say. Let him speak to all of us...one last time.

My heart has been ravaged by the news of Edgar's passing. I have cried several times. I have read so many emails and postings that have spoken so much more eloquently than I have. The outpouring of emotion and stories and remembrances has been tremendous. My soul ACHES as much as it has when I have lost a dear friend or close relative in the past. Even though I never met or spoke to him, I will deeply miss Edgar for the rest of my days.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

This is the End my Friend. But the music will live on an eternity. Never lose the Dream. Dream on……...
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Tangerine Dream IS Edgar Froese. So...

No more. Please.

It's not the case and I don't think it'll ever be, but this wouldn't work at this point even if Jerome promised to come back.

I'm sorry to say it because I'm also very hurt by this, but I believe this must be the end. We have 40+ years worth of fantastic and magnficent music and more than 150 albums under our belt and nothing and nobody will ever take that away from us!! If Thorsten, Ulrich or any other people involved want to keep on working, they're so good and sensational: They can form their own band. Just not under the TD trademark anymore, please.
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

I think that they should finish quickly whatever they were working on with Edgar and then walk away. With deep respect, they are all competent musicians in their own right. They do not need to trade on the name or legacy of Tangerine Dream. Would love to still see them making music but not as Tangerine Dream. Without Edgar, that for me, would be a little false.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

When a similar, (if not exactly the same) post appeared on Facebook, seconds after the announcement, I was in no mood to even consider it, but now...

So many artists have been influenced by Edgar and TD over the years that it seems such a shame to end Tangerine Dream, but Edgar was the founder and soul of the group, so it is fitting that it should end.

However, because of that influence, perhaps a "Tangerine Dream Academy" label could be set up to host the ever increasing number of EM acts that perform TD inspired music. There's enough of them out there. It would be a fitting tribute and show the lasting legacy that he has left behind.

Whatever happens, if anything, I'll be here to support it.
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

It seems to me that their is a natural successor to Edgar who everyone seems to be neglecting....his son Jerome! There must coun tless hours of material on hard drives and to me, it would seem a fitting tribute to Edgar, that Jerome takes over Edgars crown as head of the New Tangerine Dream. The concerts can continue initially with 80% original material, and 20% newly composed music....with ever increasing percentage of newly composed material....and we fans can take it or leave it.
Edgars legacy would continue to thrill us who want to continue to go to see them live.
It seems that apart from TD, Pink FLoyd (no longer touring) and Camel there are no other acts I would want to watch live -and I don't wish my concert attending days to disappear - especially as there must be SO MUCH material Edgarhas stored away and it would be sad not to have it heard.
studio308

Post by studio308 »

I agree with last message. I think that Tangerine Dream should continue and Jerome should take place of his father. Finish the most of the material that was in works and then keep growing the TD discography. Tangerine Dream is a concept that can continue even without Edgar Froese, but by his path. At least they should try to continue it as far as possible.

Phaedra Farewell 2014 tour sounds rather different now, does it? I've heard that all the touring members decided to leave TD, because they were difficult to see Edgar's fading. He changed a lot in last 3-4 years.

Ulrich Schnauss appeared in the very end of it all? Pretty strange appearance really. Maybe he should continue the mission of TD further?

Also thinking that Edgar was very smart and aware of his weak health, he could have some plan for such a case. If the continuation of Tangerine Dream was his will, would you accept it? Let's see what will be.