What do you think / wish: is this the end of TD?

TDludo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: What do you think / wish: is this the end of TD?

Post by TDludo »

exit81 wrote:(...)we should respect Edgar's entire philosphy by supporting the band now more than ever. Because this is a time when the whole philosophy will be tested like never before. And now is the time when the band needs us to be more open minded than ever before.
I think you're right : we need to stay calm and be open minded about what the "new TD" will sound this year. They should only be judged by their results and I'm still hoping for the best. And we should not be afraid to be surprised !
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
barry morse

Post by barry morse »

tangerine dream as we no it and loved it for many years will not be the same tangerine dream with out edgar.that is with respect to all past and present members.barry
ant

Post by ant »

:roll: Possibly a lack of imagination from some I feel. :roll:
Biggus Dickus
barry morse

Post by barry morse »

i am and always will be a tangerine dream fan
TimeActor

Post by TimeActor »

Hi @all, i have to correct my statement few posts before cause i was thinking about TD´s sacrifice of the founder Edgar Froese! I was shocked about this and my fist thought was that TD shouldn´t continue under the name Tangerine Dream (i´m one of the "old" Fan´s). Last saturday i hear the new album "Quantum Gate" and once more like i do when i was 15 years old (now i´ve been 54) when i hear the Album Rubycon and Encore first i was completely flashed and i have goosepimples all over my body from the first till the last minute.
Now i have to say a very big sorry to you guy´s at TD! I wish you would continue as Tangerine Dream and make such beautyfull music like you do on Quantum Gate. This is the first album i´ve bought (from pledgemusic cause i want a signed one ;-) ) from TD last few years.
This is a big honour to Edgar and a great "Statement"! Wow!
Congrats TD - you live further!
Greetings with love to Hoshiko, Thorsten and Ulrich.
Martin aka TimeActor
Wer nicht kann was er will muss das wollen was er kann
(Leonardo Da Vinci)
geishaslave

Post by geishaslave »

Please continue The Dream. Quantum Gate is superb.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

It's a strange thing ... I love new sounds and new musics ... specially things that I have never heard before, that give me new goosebumps and new visions and new dreams and new thoughts ... and the only thing I would want from a new version of TD is just that.

I did not, when I first heard it, enjoy the new things that came out, and am letting it clear out completely so I have little if any memory of it, and then will hear it again, and see how I feel. New things, for me, explode in my head and I can remember them for a very long time, and TD, probably has more moments of it in my life, than just about any bands of any kind ... but they are not the only one.

My vision can easily summon up feelings listening to Klaus Schulze, Vangelis, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Egberto Gismonti, Tangerine Dream (all periods!), Mike Oldfield, Keith Jarrett, Terje Rypdal and others ... in essence, some of the greatest composers of our time ... even though we have a tendency to think that the only things that matter are the top ten songs that the radio plays over and over and over again. Heck, I've written 4 different poems to "Center of Now" ... which I can not share ... I have shared several poems on Tangerine Dream's music ... but the sad fact has been that even in this forum, folks don't seem to relate to it ... it feels like ... we don't read ... we don't imagine ... we don't listen ... I don't know ... a poem is a moment in time ... and it's like that moment does not, and did not, come alilve for another person ... and I think that all of us like to know/understand how things are felt and see and touched ... so, since even the TD folks themselves have ignored the poems, that I would never show these and only have them published after I'm gone.

My own father, surprisingly enough, wrote many poems about many of his "favorite" pieces of music. I can't say that some of the things I have written to were "favorites", but they were the pipeces that brought out the visual elements that created the poem, and the film inside my head that I tried to describe as openly as I possibly could.

I have a couple of thanks to say here ... a few years back, when I was a part of one of the Internet's oldest poetry magazines (The Ygdrasil Journal of Poetic Arts), I put together a spoken word issue with poetry by various folks ... and my part included music by Gilly Smyth (GONG), Anthony Phillips (original GENESIS) and Kevin Ayers, who allowed me to use a piece of his music in a film I did ... and for me, even then, it was all about sharing and caring and seeing that we all shared out experiences.

Writing, for me, is not a mental exercise ... it's very similar to Edgar, in that it is just an internal movie that you bring alive the best you can with what you have ... and sometimes, it feels like words hurt the process ... I can see the things, and "translate" them my inner mind's eye ... but later, trying to explain to people what they are about, is hard ... since they were simply that movie at that specific moment in time, I did not worry or concern myself with a meaning ... I just hurried up and tried to keep up with the images ... and I often think of Edgar Froese's work, in this manner ... although I will say that Kafka is not an inspiration of mine, but a Roeg, Bunuel, Godard, Tangerine Dream image in my head ... IS!

TD, if you see fit to continue, please do. It's not for me to say, and suggest that life and time has to stop if you are not there, or I am not here. In the meantime, I will still love and enjoy it ... and hopefully it will be another wonderful moment inside my head ... and a new poem!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Jon wrote:.
Well, at least a bit more poetic, than your comment.

I kinda think it lacks imagination, trust, appreciation, artistry, beauty ... and expression ... that which defines most artists.

it's a comment at least ... a good one for my wall ... and reminds me of Yoko Ono. It was a dot on a white wall that woke John Lennon up from his druggy days and stuff.

Good'ay ... a glass of whine for your thoughts!

:P
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Hipgnosis wrote:[...] a glass of whine for your thoughts! [...]

Brilliant pun.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

TDludo wrote:
exit81 wrote:(...)we should respect Edgar's entire philosphy by supporting the band now more than ever. Because this is a time when the whole philosophy will be tested like never before. And now is the time when the band needs us to be more open minded than ever before.
I think you're right : we need to stay calm and be open minded about what the "new TD" will sound this year. They should only be judged by their results and I'm still hoping for the best. And we should not be afraid to be surprised !
It's so strange to see this ... again and again and again ... and how much of a "follower" we are, and have no sense of individuality whatsoever.

What helped make Edgar and TD was their sense of individuality and ability to do so ... not exactly about a philosophy or other, regardless of what a lot of people say ... I mean, JC said a lot of things, and we ... somehow ... still see meaning in it, and Edgar did so with his hands on a keyboard and some computers ... but assuming there is, or there was ... a philosophy, is a bit crazy and naïve ... how about just living day to day believing in yourself and your own vision and work? That's not a "philosophy" ... a word coined by humanity to define something that has no reason ... it just IS!

We don't say that trees grow because of a philosophy, or flower, or animals, or even people, despite all the idealistic not good that we associate with it ... and thinking that "music" is created just from that idealism, is very naïve ... and not the reality ... sometimes you get up and want to do this on the keyboard, or on the strings ... and the fact that the coffee did not have enough cream in it, has nothing to do with it at all ... you just wanted to do this and that ... THAT is NOT a philosophy ... it's living!