Edgar's funeral

redziller
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar's funeral

Post by redziller »

Can anyone leave a greater memorial than the life they lead? Could there be a better memorial than the music EF left? Slowly, it is sinking in.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Michael66 wrote:If you believe that death is just a change of cosmic address, you don't leave a stone on this planet saying in one way or another: "This is where the story ends."
I'm speaking from experience, when I tell you that if there is a national interest in the government, it won't matter if Edgar's ashes are there or not, and a monument will be erected and paying the proper respects. This happened in my dad's case in Portugal. It had been, however, my mom's wishes to have him buried there, instead of nowhereville ... and that was remedied, but then she published more of his work after he died than he did in his own lifetime ... ohhh btw, this was 25 plus years later!!! ... so take heart ...

Jerome is probably going to find enough stuff in the closet for the next 15 or 20 years!
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Hipgnosis wrote:
Michael66 wrote:If you believe that death is just a change of cosmic address, you don't leave a stone on this planet saying in one way or another: "This is where the story ends."
I'm speaking from experience, when I tell you that if there is a national interest in the government, it won't matter if Edgar's ashes are there or not, and a monument will be erected and paying the proper respects. [...]
I don't know, but if it is someone's explicit wish to not get a gravestone or monument, and then some government comes along and does the exact opposite, I can't really see how that could be called paying the proper respects to the dead person ... to me that's exactly the opposite, it's disrespectful.
Jon

Post by Jon »

sorcerer wrote:But an unmarked grave for such an important, influential man is sad.
(
I wholeheartedly agree. I really don't understand this choice at all.
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Jon wrote:
sorcerer wrote:But an unmarked grave for such an important, influential man is sad.
(
I do. It's a symbolism of not ever dying. Edgar Froese is more than just a physical body. He was for decades even before he himself was concerned with his own earthly demise. You can call it his legacy or whatever you will, but he built something here that stands on the basis of Eternity itself. Edgar may not physically exist anymore, but he still lives and he will live forever as long as we ourselves stand in our own feet in this world. How? By living his legacy and spreading it to the new generations and to the people who don't know anything about it. Our own descendants. That's also the way to pay the proper respects to his physical absence. And that's the beauty of it: We can't worry about it ever dying, because that will never happen. It's so powerful and so large (150+ albums and more than 40 years without the slightest possible pause) that it will never be forgotten.

As someone mentioned above: Edgar believed in changing the cosmic address. He seriously believed that and he was consistent with it all the way through. By getting to know more about the way he thought, it's easy and conforting to believe that he probably wasn't even afraid of dying physically. He accepted it as a natural course in life and I don't doubt he even smiled his usual joyful smile at the very thought of someday leaving this materialistic world. As the person above mentioned, he was not going to put a mark on some stone claiming "everything ended on date X" because nothing ever ended. Edgar is still as alive and fresh as he always was and he will always be intact. We should not be sad. We should be joyful and grateful. If we're more concerned with a stone and a place, then we should probably ask ourselves if we're true TD fans or not.

All this coming from a true atheist and "nihilist". Music is more powerful than any religion or human "philosophy" or "concept". WAY, way more!!!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Donofrio_TD wrote:
Jon wrote:
(
I do. It's a symbolism of not ever dying. Edgar Froese is more than just a physical body. He was for decades even before he himself was concerned with his own earthly demise. You can call it his legacy or whatever you will, but he built something here that stands on the basis of Eternity itself. Edgar may not physically exist anymore, but he still lives and he will live forever as long as we ourselves stand in our own feet in this world. How? By living his legacy and spreading it to the new generations and to the people who don't know anything about it. Our own descendants. That's also the way to pay the proper respects to his physical absence. And that's the beauty of it: We can't worry about it ever dying, because that will never happen. It's so powerful and so large (150+ albums and more than 40 years without the slightest possible pause) that it will never be forgotten.

As someone mentioned above: Edgar believed in changing the cosmic address. He seriously believed that and he was consistent with it all the way through. By getting to know more about the way he thought, it's easy and conforting to believe that he probably wasn't even afraid of dying physically. He accepted it as a natural course in life and I don't doubt he even smiled his usual joyful smile at the very thought of someday leaving this materialistic world. As the person above mentioned, he was not going to put a mark on some stone claiming "everything ended on date X" because nothing ever ended. Edgar is still as alive and fresh as he always was and he will always be intact. We should not be sad. We should be joyful and grateful. If we're more concerned with a stone and a place, then we should probably ask ourselves if we're true TD fans or not.

All this coming from a true atheist and "nihilist". Music is more powerful than any religion or human "philosophy" or "concept". WAY, way more!!!
Yes, you are clearly an atheist. I'm on a totally different place.