Edgar's funeral

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar's funeral

Post by Jon »

Any info about this?

When and where will it be?

Who will be present?
redziller

Re: Edgar's funeral

Post by redziller »

If there is a physical memorial I would certainly want to visit to pay respects at a later date
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Yes I hope there is a gravestone , can't believe I just said that :( :cry:

I would definitely like to visit at some point in the future and pay my respects to a man I have unbounded admiration for and the greatest respect for his talent and what he achieved.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Jerome wrote on Facebook that the funeral is over. I wonder who were present.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Jerome:

Immediate family circle Urn interment at "Wiener Zentralfriedhof", no music played, anonymous grave, no gravestone (was Edgars wish).
Network23

Post by Network23 »

Edgar indeed has changed his cosmic address. RIP.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I think that he was aware of the incredibly insane bruhaha about rock stars and all that ... I mean I want my ashes distributed over one Lake that I happen to love and enjoy a lot in the past 25 years! What you gonna do? Take a dive to find an ash sample?

I think that somewhere down the line, they may add a stone or something for posterity, and it will be something a city, or state, or country will demand, due to the incredible achievement that he has given his culture during his time.

it remains to be seen if Germany gives a damn or not! I still think that TD, KS and many others in that music scene, still are not appreciated and valued as important members of the artistic collective that helped make Germany! Or that they don't think that art is that important ... and all that remains to be seen.

Don't cry ... it's worse in America ... if you are a nobody, but you are a "star", you will be "remembered and never die!!!!1
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Perhaps they will attach a brass plaque to Schwäbische Strasse 7 someday or other, reading, "Here, Edgar Froese created music between 197X and 2015" or something along these lines.

Germany won't give a damn about these people who tried to fill the cultural vacuum of the post-war era. In everyday media coverage, the winner of "Jungle Camp" was more important -- which goes to say a lot about popular culture these days, not only in Germany.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Dangerine Dream

Post by Dangerine Dream »

Jon wrote:Jerome:

Immediate family circle Urn interment at "Wiener Zentralfriedhof", no music played, anonymous grave, no gravestone (was Edgars wish).
I try to accept this, but I find inexpressible sadly.
ant

Post by ant »

:( If that was Edgar's wish then so be it, but it is a shame that his name will not be seen amongst all the other great composers who lie there. :(
Biggus Dickus
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

This reminds me of lyrics by Marillion, from Misplaced Childhood:

"Some of us go down in a blaze of obscurity
Some of us go down in a haze of publicity"

(Ok, many of us have already said this a few times, including myself, but...)
One thing remains; Edgar's musical legacy. It isn't just the huge body of work, it's the influence that he's had on fellow musicians. This influence has extended with his attitude towards the art as much as keyboard techniques and producing heartfelt melodies and sounds that defy description (citing Tangram as an example of what I mean). There are so many great artists that cite Edgar as influential.

I shamelessly quote Marillon again, with lyrics from Estonia:
"No one leaves you
When you live in their heart and mind
And no one dies
They just move to the other side
When we're gone
Watch the world simply carry on
We live on laughing and in no pain
We'll stay and be happy
With those who have loved us today"

Edgar lives on in his family and us. His music lives on in the work he has produced. It's a sad time and I hope that as time goes on, more recognition is shown, in calm reflection.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

We of course have to totally respect Edgar's wishes and those of his family.

But an unmarked grave for such an important, influential man is sad.

:(
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

projekt-elektronik wrote: ...
Germany won't give a damn about these people who tried to fill the cultural vacuum of the post-war era. In everyday media coverage, the winner of "Jungle Camp" was more important -- which goes to say a lot about popular culture these days, not only in Germany.
We should re-state that ... in this case the "public" ... meaning us ... care ... and the state doesn't!

Ohhh excuse me ... BM and Pep is more important in the news ... how dare I forget that commerciality!

sorcerer wrote:We of course have to totally respect Edgar's wishes and those of his family.

But an unmarked grave for such an important, influential man is sad.

:(
I think Mozart got even less than that! As have many others! As much as you and i can get really sentimental, in the end, there are many that aren't. I kinda think to be able to be a Picasso, or Froese or a huge artist, you have no choice but to tell the sentimentalists and the feeling to get lost ... because it eats away at your creativity and concentration ...

I'm actually OK with that.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

If you believe that death is just a change of cosmic address, you don't leave a stone on this planet saying in one way or another: "This is where the story ends." Edgar is/was entirely consistent here, you have to admire that. Instead of a gravestone he's left a book for us which, regarding the circumstances, can now probably be seen as one big "cu l8ter!" note... because, who would doubt there will be lots of his personal views on metaphysics woven into that book.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Whatever his wishes,I accept and respect them. I said my goodbye in June 2014,but it was not a goodbye that I expected to be the last. I for one,will never forget him.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.