The state of things

RAYMAN1970
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The state of things

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

Wow.

This forum and the site in genral has become extremely quiet. One would think there would be SOME news worthy of posting with the upcoming release of QUANTUM GATE.

What has the band been up to? Can we get regular status updates? How do they feel continuing on the TD legacy?

And, most importantly, WHERE IS EDGAR'S BOOK?!?!?!?!?

It's been over 2 years since the book was announced and we still have no difinitive release date.

I still CARE about TANGERINE DREAM!

Please, give us the latest news and info on the band. Give us some progress reports, thoughts, blogs, ANYTHING, about the band and future releases. Will more music from the vaults be released?

I'm sure I am not the only one who is still desperately THIRSTY for anything TANGERINE DREAM.

:(
projekt-elektronik

Re: The state of things

Post by projekt-elektronik »

I believe there isn't much to talk about -- yes, a steady stream of releases keeps trickling in but let's face it, this is just selling off what is left, and more of the same.

I personally would rather they focus on getting the book released -- I am a very patient kind of person but I tend to feel a bit pissed off when somebody takes my money and keeps me waiting for two years. This is not a way to treat a customer. Their information policy leaves quite a bit to be desired as well.

Embarking on new enterprises -- this museum project, or the documentary (also from crowd-funding :roll: ... if you don't have the means to do something on your own, don't do it) -- when the one that had been in the pipeline for a considerable span of time has not been finished off is not a wise move either.

But I am sure they have every reason to do just that.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

projekt-elektronik wrote:I believe there isn't much to talk about -- yes, a steady stream of releases keeps trickling in but let's face it, this is just selling off what is left, and more of the same.

I personally would rather they focus on getting the book released -- I am a very patient kind of person but I tend to feel a bit pissed off when somebody takes my money and keeps me waiting for two years. This is not a way to treat a customer. Their information policy leaves quite a bit to be desired as well.

Embarking on new enterprises -- this museum project, or the documentary (also from crowd-funding :roll: ... if you don't have the means to do something on your own, don't do it) -- when the one that had been in the pipeline for a considerable span of time has not been finished off is not a wise move either.

But I am sure they have every reason to do just that.
This is no way to adress the subject. So why didn't you claim your money back when they offered to do so?
projekt-elektronik

I know it's hard to imagine but has it ever occurred to you that I might actually like to read this book?
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

projekt-elektronik wrote:I know it's hard to imagine but has it ever occurred to you that I might actually like to read this book?
And you will, this year.
While being pissed because someone took your money.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

I heard that the book will be delayed for another year or so.

That is the bad news. The good news is that it will now be nearly 2000 pages and profesionally translated into Swahili.
projekt-elektronik

That's what I call attention to detail.

Well worth the wait.
Jon

Post by Jon »

tdfan wrote:I heard that the book will be delayed for another year or so.

That is the bad news. The good news is that it will now be nearly 2000 pages and profesionally translated into Swahili.
was that an attempt at being funny?
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Jon wrote:
tdfan wrote:I heard that the book will be delayed for another year or so.

was that an attempt at being funny?
At least, THAT is funny ! :lol:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
exit81

Post by exit81 »

This is the exact reason I won't pay for a product many months in advance of it actually being completed. There's always delays and complications, and some people will undoubtably end up feeling fleeced and that they'll never see their money again. Edgar's passing has naturally caused an understandble delay, and who knows when we'll see the book now. Fingers crossed it'll be this year.
projekt-elektronik

When the book was announced, it seemed to be almost finished and ready to be printed -- with the English translation to follow in due time. That is why I ordered and paid in advance.
exit81 wrote: [...] Fingers crossed it'll be this year.
I am positive in autumn we will all be told it will be... "spring or summer 2017, hopefully, with all fingers crossed. Apologies for the delay and thanks for your love and support and blahblah".

This is exactly the reason why I did not contribute to the documentary fund-raiser.

Oh, I am sorry, I must not say this here, some people may feel offended by that.
ant

Post by ant »

:( Project-Electronik you are entitled to your opinion but personally I cannot see what the problem is that you seem to have with it. I paid for the autobiography when it was first announced and I do not mind the wait. Bianca and co. have had a lot to do since the sad passing of Edgar, not just on the autobiography, and to me it is totally understandable that things like this will be delayed. I am going to be very happy to receive it whenever it is ready, be that tomorrow or summer 2017. It is also a shame you could not contribute even a small amount to the documentary of what is supposed to be a band you were a big fan of!! Obviously not that big a fan - eh???
As I say, you are entitled to your opinions but if I felt like that I would not be coming on here all the time just to whinge - what is the point? I would find something else to take my interest and the Forum would not see my name again. Thankfully for me, I still love TD, am really looking forward to the documentary (which I did contribute too!!) and anything else that is still to come from them and don't care how long I have to wait to see or hear any of them. Didn't you hear - Good things come to those who wait!! :D
Biggus Dickus
projekt-elektronik

ant wrote: [...] Obviously not that big a fan - eh??? [...]
Fond but not involved.

As for TD, I lost interest after Schmoelling's departure.

I hope I am permitted to say so.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

projekt-elektronik wrote: Fond but not involved.

As for TD, I lost interest after Schmoelling's departure.

I hope I am permitted to say so.
Of course, you are absolutely permitted to waste your time here ! I think you're very funny... :lol:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Jon

Post by Jon »

projekt-elektronik wrote:
ant wrote: As for TD, I lost interest after Schmoelling's departure.
Wow...30 years of depression then?