New TD book coming!

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

New TD book coming!

Post by Jon »

https://www.facebook.com/MarkJenkinsLondon

Mark Jenkins has written a new TD discography. Coming in March.
Jon

Re: New TD book coming!

Post by Jon »

I received the book yesterday. Looking nice. Anyone else having received it? And anyone being able to play the DVD?
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Jon wrote:I received the book yesterday. Looking nice. Anyone else having received it? And anyone being able to play the DVD?
Have just ordered this, looking forward to it
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Steve C wrote:
Jon wrote:I received the book yesterday. Looking nice. Anyone else having received it? And anyone being able to play the DVD?
Have just ordered this, looking forward to it
Mark Jenkins book "Tangerine Dream 50 Years The Ultimate Critical Discography" is excellent. Much better in my view than Paul Stump's book from many years ago. Mark is an accomplished Musician and his knowledge of Electronic Music from both perspectives of fan and musician make for a great read. The book is especially interesting from my point of view from the Phaedra to Force Majeure years but he also gives plenty of time to all periods, including the later years. This is an essential purchase
Jon

Post by Jon »

Absolutely. But I can't help noticing the little mistakes, like writing Hoshiko Yamaha twice (rather funny) and stating that Rainbow Drive is available on CD. And that The Man Inside has LP and MC releases.

I could write a long list. But I won't. Because it's an enjoyable book.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Yes, enjoyable book. I have finished reading it. I learned many new things, but I also disagree in several of the authors statements. I spotted a few mistakes, but enjoyed the solid list of releases it covered. Many of my favourites where only covered briefly, but it was cool that he included all those grey zone (?) collections from various foreign labels etc. I collect every TD collection (at least if it is not a direct bootleg), so this was fun.
The book could have benefited from a better cover image with more professional fonts. But hopefully it will be revised in a few years, errors made straight and new releases added. Good job anyway! :-)
Jon

Post by Jon »

What did you disagree with?

Yes, the front cover is weird and has got nothing to do with TD. Should have been a collage over all the different band members up through the years. THAT had been cool.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Jon wrote:What did you disagree with?

Yes, the front cover is weird and has got nothing to do with TD. Should have been a collage over all the different band members up through the years. THAT had been cool.
Can't remember, but there were several things that seemed a bit strange to me. But especially that he said that Green Desert is nothing special, and that you won't miss anything if you don't have it. I thought, "Eh...what!?"
And several important releases were only covered very briefly.
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

Sounds like something to have in the collection! Just red your comments about the book. Interesting.

Fred.
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I guess buying this is not possible ... a search gives us this ....

Digital Gothic: A Critical Discography of Tangerine Dream (Music)

It would be nice, if there was a direct link for this, unless it is in Facebook, which is not one of my favorite places.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

It would be nice, if there was a direct link for this, unless it is in Facebook, which is not one of my favorite places.
Hi Hipgnosis,

You can try to write to Mark Jenkins here : zyxyzmusic@googlemail.com

That's the email I used when I bought the book in March via PayPal (and to communicate with MJ).
But this book was only available in very limited quantities...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

Digital Gothic is an old book. This new one is called Tangerine Dream 50 Years The Ultimate Critical Discography.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Not a bad one. But still not what it could have been. A decent book with history and collection could have more than 500 pages at least. 50 years history, you can tell more about it.