Rant about TD DVD'S

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Great post Hyperborea, although I can't see Edgar playing the first one

btw some more soundtrack stuff would be nice, especially 'Burning Force' from Firestarter or one of the tracks from Near Dark
Burning Force is a cracker and id very much like to hear "Civilised Illusions" that has only been played live once before :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Great post Hyperborea, although I can't see Edgar playing the first one

btw some more soundtrack stuff would be nice, especially 'Burning Force' from Firestarter or one of the tracks from Near Dark
Burning Force is a cracker and id very much like to hear "Civilised Illusions" that has only been played live once before :idea:
ah yes, 1987?
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

yes i agree London 2008 plenty of surprises please Edgar
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
ant

Post by ant »

:D May be some repitition is due to the concerts being in the last 2 or three years and with all the other things they are involved in it saves Edgar time by not having to rehearse and put together too many different tracks for each show. I understand what you are saying though and it would be nice from say next year to get a gig and DVD with at least 90% new material and without Purple Haze and House of the Rising Sun as encores. I know they seem to have become tradition but I think it is now time for some new pieces to end on. :D
Biggus Dickus
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

How about "2000 Light Years from Home" by the Rolling Stones as an encore? Starts like the Oedipus Tyrannus Overture and has a nice fat Mellotron in it...
Or "Sympathy for the Devil": It's a bongo-conga-fest and maybe Edgar could phone Hollywood if CF lends him the Chris Franke Symphonic Background Singers for the "Woo-wooooo - woo-wooooo" vocals throughout the song?!? [*ducks*] :wink:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Michael66 wrote:How about "2000 Light Years from Home" by the Rolling Stones as an encore? Starts like the Oedipus Tyrannus Overture and has a nice fat Mellotron in it...
Or "Sympathy for the Devil": It's a bongo-conga-fest and maybe Edgar could phone Hollywood if CF lends him the Chris Franke Symphonic Background Singers for the "Woo-wooooo - woo-wooooo" vocals throughout the song?!? [*ducks*] :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 2000 light years from Home...classic .
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:
Michael66 wrote:How about "2000 Light Years from Home" by the Rolling Stones as an encore? Starts like the Oedipus Tyrannus Overture and has a nice fat Mellotron in it...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 2000 light years from Home...classic .
Brilliant Micheal :arrow: :lol: :mrgreen:
ant

Post by ant »

:D As they always said they were into Pink Floyd, how about one of theirs as an encore. Careful with that Axe maybe?? :D
Biggus Dickus
24db

Post by 24db »

ant wrote::D As they always said they were into Pink Floyd, how about one of theirs as an encore. Careful with that Axe maybe?? :D
Interstellar Overdrive? :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
ant wrote::D As they always said they were into Pink Floyd, how about one of theirs as an encore. Careful with that Axe maybe?? :D
Now that is a cracking idea,they played it enough in the 60s :idea: :idea:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

with PB screaming, perhaps :wink: :idea:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
with PB screaming, perhaps :wink: :idea:

If they can find him :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Now that is a cracking idea,they played it enough in the 60s :idea: :idea:
all my ideas are cracking...even the c.rap ones :D ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

You said it mate :arrow: and to hell with modesty :mrgreen: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:You said it mate :arrow: and to hell with modesty :mrgreen: :wink:
lol...yeah, well perhaps not mate ;)

I'm currently working on something TD related which you might find interesting :)