TD/Berlin and Bowie

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD/Berlin and Bowie

Post by 24db »

Just been listening to the radio documentary BERLIN…SOUNDZ DECADENT...about David Bowie's time in the city and how German band influenced him and Iggy Pop (it's archived on BBC radio 2's site for week...go listen), one thing though, why the heck did they get John Foxx to comment about TD?, he knows next to nothing about them...actually make that less than nothing! :shock: , you might as well have Conrad Schnitzler comments on Take That (version 2).
Other than my whinge, the docummentary wasn't too bad, but it needed somebody to give them a nudge from time to time ('er Lads, this is meant to be about David Bowie) ;)
epsilon75

Re: TD/Berlin and Bowie

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Just been listening to the radio documentary BERLIN…SOUNDZ DECADENT...about David Bowie's time in the city and how German band influenced him and Iggy Pop (it's archived on BBC radio 2's site for week...go listen), one thing though, why the heck did they get John Foxx to comment about TD?, he knows next to nothing about them...actually make that less than nothing! :shock: , you might as well have Conrad Schnitzler comments on Take That (version 2).
Other than my whinge, the docummentary wasn't too bad, but it needed somebody to give them a nudge from time to time ('er Lads, this is meant to be about David Bowie) ;)

There is a little portion on EF and Bowie in the F.A.X category in the News Section (51)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

As Bowie said...I came to Berlin to recover from my drug addition, I didn't realize it was the smack capital of Europe'

More from David:

'I was a big fan of Kraftwerk, Cluster and Harmonia, and I thought the first Neu! album, in particular, was just gigantically wonderful' admits Bowie. 'Looking at that against punk, I had absolutely no doubts where the future of music was going, and for me it was coming out Germany at that time. I also liked some of the later Can things, and there was an album that I loved by Edgar Froese, Epsilon In Malaysian Pale, it's the most beautiful, enchanting, poignant work, quite lovely. That used to be the background music to my life when I was living in Berlin. In a way, it was great that I found those bands, because I didn't feel any of the essence of punk at all in that period, I just totally by-passed it'.
Last edited by 24db on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:As Bowie said...I came to Berlin to recover from my drug addition, I didn't realize it was the smack capital of Europe'

I was watching a documentary on him once Andy(you may have seen it) and he said he could not remember the biggest part of the 70s because of the white stuff...........he said he suffered from memory loss :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:As Bowie said...I came to Berlin to recover from my drug addition, I didn't realize it was the smack capital of Europe'

I was watching a documentary on him once Andy(you may have seen it) and he said he could not remember the biggest part of the 70s because of the white stuff...........he said he suffered from memory loss :oops:
I remember it, unlike David ;)...the year he missed was 1975, didn't TD release a record that year? ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I remember it, unlike David ;)...the year he missed was 1975, didn't TD release a record that year? ;)
Sure did. Nobody liked it though! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

:shock: NO COMMENT :evil:
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Naughty naughty....btw did you ever say which was 'your' favourite?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

"Ambient Monkeys" :shock: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:"Ambient Monkeys" :shock: :arrow:
Yeah, I'd keep it quite as well ;) sorry Mick ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: I remember it, unlike David ;)...the year he missed was 1975, didn't TD release a record that year? ;)
I may have mentioned it once or twice. :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Sure did. Nobody liked it though! :wink:
I may have mentioned it once or twice. :wink:
hmmm Stratosfear perhaps?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I missed this documentary and can't seem to get the bloody thing on R2 's site to play. Bowies Low & Heroes are among my fave albums. Side 2 of Low was a bit of a shock back in 1978 when I first heard it but I grew very slowly to love this whole LP. Warsawa is sublime and Speed of Sound could've been TD
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

And there was me thinking that was Edinburgh...... :wink: