When Aliens Meet A Drop Of Water

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

When Aliens Meet A Drop Of Water

Post by Pertou »

Three words: Buy it now,

It contains all six of Ralf's Blue Dawn tracks in reworked form, with new titles, as well as the Iguana composition + a part of Rockface (Parabola?)

The guitarist is great, but certainly no Edgar. In one track Edgar is replaced by a darker Linda Spa type sax-line

The tracks are uninterupted so you get 67 minutes of unbroken music.

The best is a new track called Into The Thunder, a very bombastic tune, with fantastic CAMEL like minimoog solos and great rhythmic changes.

I would say it's a must for fans of Blue Dawn and Rockface, it's still a very clean sound, but a damn fine album

But still it's much better and continuus album than Blue Dawn. 9/10
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

My favourite Blue Dawn track, Cardamom Route, is called Paradise Island here! (It's not a reality tv show)
:mrgreen:
24db

Re: When Aliens Meet A Drop Of Water

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Three words: Buy it now,

It contains all six of Ralf's Blue Dawn tracks in reworked form, with new titles, as well as the Iguana composition + a part of Rockface (Parabola?)

The guitarist is great, but certainly no Edgar. In one track Edgar is replaced by a darker Linda Spa type sax-line

The tracks are uninterupted so you get 67 minutes of unbroken music.

The best is a new track called Into The Thunder, a very bombastic tune, with fantastic CAMEL like minimoog solos and great rhythmic changes.

I would say it's a must for fans of Blue Dawn and Rockface, it's still a very clean sound, but a damn fine album

But still it's much better and continuus album than Blue Dawn. 9/10
Cheers mate, nice review. Btw are you going to review it again and say the first one wasn't what you intended? ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

:lol: :lol: I wouldn't even call the above a review, just "thoughts" :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Just finished listening to this and it's excellent as JP says.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Did you spot any Camel references in track five, Into The Thunder?
timer

Post by timer »

Sounds excellents , got it on order. :D
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

timer wrote:Sounds excellents , got it on order. :D

:D
That track number five is just ... wooow! 8)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Brilliant album and any fan of late 80's TD should love it. I certainly do....the best TD album TD never made.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

sparrow wrote:Brilliant album and any fan of late 80's TD should love it. I certainly do....the best TD album TD never made.
Looking forward to this arriving later in the week.
Nero

Post by Nero »

I think it's ridiculous that RW now releases a COPY of Blue Dawn that shortly after working together with Edgar on the original version.

Nobody heard something from Ralf since many many years and Edgar made a successful collaboration with him in 2006. Now in 2008 Ralf is releasing the stuff again with a facelift and in TDish style and telling us that he wasn't satisfied with the first version of Blue Dawn.....????.
Is this respectful towards Edgar?
What does Edgar think about it? Does he know this?

It would have been more honest if Ralf had composed something new and different instead of copying again. With a totally new CD he could have shown who RW is.
That's my honest opinion. A chance missed.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I don't care about the story. I think Edgar's tracks on Blue Dawn are dull, so I'm very happy for this excellent release. It's the music I'm interested in.
Nero

Post by Nero »

Pertou wrote:I don't care about the story. I think Edgar's tracks on Blue Dawn are dull, so I'm very happy for this excellent release. It's the music I'm interested in.
What do you care about in general? I don't think that your musical taste is the best
and sometimes I wish you would spare us your childish comments here.

Blue Dawn is a 'TD work' and not an Edgar or Ralf work. It's made in the spirit of TD. You always unnecessarily divide things.....
I think both compositional contributions are excellent -
sometimes it's not enough to only FEEL music, but to UNDERSTAND music.

Hope you got it.
24db

Post by 24db »

my musical taste is fantastic, I defy anybody to have the Spice Girls and Conrad Schnitzler in the same collection...and own up to it. :)

keep enjoying the music JP!
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

To Nero (whoever you are)

Contrary to others, I don't apologise all that Edgar say or do. Call it my nature, but I am entitled to say my opinion, and so are you.

Childish? I work with kids as a living, and trust me, people has a lot to learn from kids.