Klaus Schulze

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Klaus Schulze

Post by Insvims »

Great news! New KS album out soon. Newly recorded.
More info: https://klaus-schulze.com/
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I'm ready ...

I do wish they would put together the Contemporary Works Vol 1 and 2 again, for more people to purchase ... there are some unbelievable great things in there that I have heard on the tube, and they should be distributed properly ...
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

I'm ready ...

I do wish they would put together the Contemporary Works Vol 1 and 2 again, for more people to purchase ... there are some unbelievable great things in there that I have heard on the tube, and they should be distributed properly ...
Most of it is already re-released, and available, in single or double CDs. The remaining few (like for example Wahnfried: Trance 4 Motion), are probably coming soon.
The following are so far re-released, and still available in various online shops:

2005 Vanity of Sounds
2006 The Crime of Suspense
2006 Ballett 1
2006 Ballett 2
2007 Ballett 3
2007 Ballett 4
2008 Virtual Outback
2016 Privée
2016 Another Green Mile
2017 Androgyn
2017 Ultimate Docking
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

KLAUS SCHULZE

Silhouettes is published worldwide in May 2018 on SPV

New album comes as Digipack CD and double vinyl LP

Following the celebrations of his 70th birthday in August 2017, Klaus Schulze, one of the most important electronic music artists worldwide, has announced the release of his new studio recording Silhouettes for May 2018. The four pieces ´Silhouettes`, ´Der lange Blick zurück`, ´Quae simplex` and ´Châteaux faits des vent`, which he worked on between summer and autumn 2017, are just as expansive in terms of playing time and artistic vision as we’ve come to expect from Schulze’s work. According to the internationally highly respected musician, composer and producer, the new material reflects – due to health problems – a very quiet and for this reason very meditative time. Schulze describes the music on Silhouettes as a “reduction to the essential things” and has consciously worked only very sparingly with solos and vocal elements. He explains: “No great distractions, nothing to force your attention in a certain direction, no major effects or gimmicks, no frills or dominant rhythms. It was important to me to paint the pictures in the depth of the space, the sonic fields of tension and atmosphere.”

Since the early 1970s, Klaus Schulze has repeatedly been referred to by the press as “King of Cosmic Music” or “Magician on the Big Moog”, his work frequently having been classed as a “monument of forward-looking music”. Along with his great talent for innovation, Schulze is also considered to be one of the most productive artists of his time. Experts estimate the number of releases featuring Schulze to be at least 200, but more probably 500.

Silhouettes has been scheduled for worldwide release in May 2018 on Digipak CD and double vinyl LP as well as via download/streaming.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Thanks for the info. Interesting to see that the Silhouettes album was first announced (maybe unofficially) in 2015. Then it was withdrawn, and we did not hear more about it until now. It is stated that the 2015 album was recorded then, and there are three track titles provided. Now we know that the new album is recorded summer/autumn 2017, and has four tracks. I wonder why he kept the album title from the planned 2015 album, but recorded new music for it. Makes me wonder if there actually is another unreleased album from 2015. Will be exciting to see and hear the new album. I also wonder if the cover that was provided for the planned 2015 release is still valid, or if there will be a new cover.
Anyway, I am really eager to hear this new album. From the description it sounds very good to me.

Image Image

http://klaus-schulze.wikia.com/wiki/SILHOUETTES_(2015)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Insvims wrote:Thanks for the info. Interesting to see that the Silhouettes album was first announced (maybe unofficially) in 2015. Then it was withdrawn, and we did not hear more about it until now. It is stated that the 2015 album was recorded then, and there are three track titles provided. Now we know that the new album is recorded summer/autumn 2017, and has four tracks. I wonder why he kept the album title from the planned 2015 album, but recorded new music for it. Makes me wonder if there actually is another unreleased album from 2015. Will be exciting to see and hear the new album. I also wonder if the cover that was provided for the planned 2015 release is still valid, or if there will be a new cover.
Anyway, I am really eager to hear this new album. From the description it sounds very good to me.

Image Image

http://klaus-schulze.wikia.com/wiki/SILHOUETTES_(2015)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Is that the smoke from his cigarette on the cover? :lol:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Jon wrote:Is that the smoke from his cigarette on the cover? :lol:

I wondered that also :lol: :lol:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

So, he used the cover from three years back then (with small modifications). Makes me wonder if the music is also mostly what was composed back then. Information from kdm says it was recorded last summer, but as information from him is not always too trustworthy (in my opinion) we can not be sure.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

A very nice update from KS in this brand new 2018 interview. Much of it is tech-talk, but there are other interesting and personal updates in the start and at the end of the interview:

https://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/cat ... us-schulze