Klaus Schulze

Six By Nine
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Six By Nine »

It really depends what you fancy;

Cyborg is very dark, like a more minimal Zeit if that were possible;
Timewind is imo his masterpiece - 2 long subtly changing pieces, one sequencer driven (Rubycon would be the closest comparison) and the other beautiful floating chords;
Moondawn is more powerful with drums and some mad soloing;
Mirage runs Timewind close with stunning icy sequencers on Crystal Lake;
X is also superb with the unique classical Ludvig II von Bayern ;
Audentity has a completely different sound with digital keyboards, but again fantastic sequencer based tracks and one quite long experimental piece - it also has perhaps KS' best melodic tracks in Amourage

I can't tell you about the extra tracks as I don't own the reissues.

You really can't go wrong with any of these.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

One of my faves is The Klangart live set. Beautiful sequencing nice Cello and excellent moog solo's. Of the early albums I would start with Timewind & Mirage. And later add the two Body Love albums. From the 80's theres En=Trance which is a great album with one of KS best being FM Delight. Also Live which has some brilliant material especially the 50 minute sense. If you can afford it why not bid on 24db's Historic Edition on e bay. IMO you can't go wrong with that set.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I agree with Six by Nine and Sparrow

IMHO, Klaus has produced some amazing classic music, for me its the first 4 or 5 albums.....superb and quite brilliant electronic impressions :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:One of my faves is The Klangart live set. Beautiful sequencing nice Cello and excellent moog solo's. Of the early albums I would start with Timewind & Mirage. And later add the two Body Love albums. From the 80's theres En=Trance which is a great album with one of KS best being FM Delight. Also Live which has some brilliant material especially the 50 minute sense. If you can afford it why not bid on 24db's Historic Edition on e bay. IMO you can't go wrong with that set.
hmmm...have to disagree there mate (even if it costs me a bid)...I think the Historic edition is more for die-hard fans only
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

We have just got in stock what I believe to be the first proper book about
Klaus Schulze.

It is over 300 pages long (almost A4 size) with, as well as an interview with Klaus Schulze also other interviews about Klaus with many of the people who have worked with him or who have been influenced by him such as:

Harald Grosskopf
Arthur Brown
Michael Shrieve
Marian Gold
Robert Rich
Steve Roach
Dennis Rea (of Earthstar)
Kitaro
Joerg Schaaf
Thomas Kagermann
Julia Messenger
Klaus D Muller

There are also photos and reviews of almost all his albums and features on some of his early electronic intruments.

The author Greg Allen is obviously a huge Schulze fan who has put his life and soul into this book and his enthusiasm shines through every page.

It can be bought from to S to Z section of the online shop of www.synthmusicdirect.com Just look up Klaus Schulze. I have very limited supplies.

Thanks for your time,

David Law
Synth Music Direct
PO Box 1557, Doncaster, DN10 4NX, England
www.synthmusicdirect.com
synthmusicdirect@aol.com
Telephone: 44 (0)1427 890758
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:We have just got in stock what I believe to be the first proper book about
Klaus Schulze.

It is over 300 pages long (almost A4 size) with, as well as an interview with Klaus Schulze also other interviews about Klaus with many of the people who have worked with him or who have been influenced by him such as:

Harald Grosskopf
Arthur Brown
Michael Shrieve
Marian Gold
Robert Rich
Steve Roach
Kitaro
Joerg Schaaf
Thomas Kagermann
Julia Messenger
Klaus D Muller

There are also photos and reviews of almost all his albums and features on some of his early electronic intruments.

The author Greg Allen is obviously a huge Schulze fan who has put his life and soul into this book and his enthusiasm shines through every page.

It can be bought from to S to Z section of the online shop of www.synthmusicdirect.com Just look up Klaus Schulze. I have very limited supplies.

Thanks for your time,

David Law
Synth Music Direct
www.synthmusicdirect.com
synthmusicdirect@aol.com
I dont see it anywhere in their shop! Sold out already!?
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:We have just got in stock what I believe to be the first proper book about
Klaus Schulze.

Harald Grosskopf
Arthur Brown
Michael Shrieve
Marian Gold
Robert Rich
Steve Roach
Kitaro
Joerg Schaaf
Thomas Kagermann
Julia Messenger
Klaus D Muller

Thanks for your time,

David Law
Synth Music Direct
www.synthmusicdirect.com
synthmusicdirect@aol.com
I just googled this Greg Allen author and found out that he lives in Mount Prospect Illinois!! A suburb of Chicago!! Incredible! I want to read this book!!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Its in the S TO Z in the shop look for schulze and item XX9
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:Its in the S TO Z in the shop look for schulze and item XX9
Thanks...I feel blind. $65!!!! Why does everything have to be so Gawd Damnnn Expensive!?????
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

rattymouse wrote:
Thanks...I feel blind. $65!!!! Why does everything have to be so Gawd Damnnn Expensive!?????
High postage costs to the USA and vice/versa dont help,everything is so damn expensive these days :x
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
High postage costs to the USA and vice/versa dont help,everything is so damn expensive these days :x
ORDERED!
24db

Post by 24db »

Oh well, at least it's just saved me the money
Last edited by 24db on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:I've just heard from somebody who bought the book...sadly it doesn't sound that good, just copy and pasted stuff. Not rubbish, but 'perhaps' not as good as Klaus and EM fans in general deserve.

Oh well, at least it's just saved me the money
Well, that author faces serious plagiarism charges then. You just cant publish other people's writing.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

one would probably gain more insight and information into KS by sitting infront of a computer and trawling the web.....and listening to the music

as with the Tangs, the definitive biography of KS has yet to appear.....perhaps one day it will.......

waits :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:one would probably gain more insight and information into KS by sitting infront of a computer and trawling the web.....and listening to the music

as with the Tangs, the definitive biography of KS has yet to appear.....perhaps one day it will.......

waits :arrow:
Have you read this book Mooger? SMD says that there are reviews to 80 of his albums! True?