Klaus Schulze

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Insvims wrote:Sound clips from Shadowlands.
:) Last clip sounds kind of similar to what he did with Lisa Gerrard
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Just received email from Amazon Germany

Good day,
We hereby wish to inform you that we have shipped your order.

Your mission is now in transit and will be amended by you or our service is no longer possible.
Want an item from your order return or other change orders or view, you can easily do this on my orders on our website Amazon.de.

Expected delivery date:
Saturday 23, February 2013

I suspect the delivery date may be a little optimistic however.....

:D
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Just received email from Amazon Germany

Good day,

Your mission is now in transit and will be amended by you or our service is no longer possible.
Want an item from your order return or other change orders or view, you can easily do this on my orders on our website Amazon.de.

Expected delivery date:

Mine sent too. Will be good! :-)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Insvims wrote:

Good day,

Expected delivery date:

So, Germany to Norway vs Germany to England.

I hold out not much hope of receiving mine first :lol:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Insvims wrote:

Good day,

Expected delivery date:

Amazon is usually fast, I think. Well, we'll see who gets it first. ;-)
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

Got Shadowlands today. I'm just listening to the first track "Shadowlights". AMAZING!!! OK, it's Schulze. But a very nice composition with violin and voices. The vocals are by Lisa Gerrard, Chrysta Bell, and Julia Messenger. Voilin, flute, and voice are by Thomas Kagermann.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Insvims wrote: Mine sent too. Will be good! :-)

09:30 Saturday morning - package from Amazon received (was delivered by Amazon.co.uk in Dunfermline, even though I ordered of Amazon.de :? )
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: So, Germany to Norway vs Germany to England.

09:30 Saturday morning - package from Amazon received (was delivered by Amazon.co.uk in Dunfermline, even though I ordered of Amazon.de :? )
Oh! That was fast! Not arrived here yet. Enjoy it! I heard it's good! :-)
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

After listening to the whole album (including the bonus disc), I must say, that Shadowlands is one of the best and most intense albums that Klaus Schulze ever made. There are no heavy sequences and only some smooth rhythms, but the multi-layered sounds and voices create a hypnotic atmosphere of it's own kind. Even the 55 minutes track The Rhodes Violin never gets boring.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Online review (translated by Google from Italian - so apologies for inaccuracies/not making sense :) )

Curiously only now that my fingers rest on the keyboard, coming to the realization that Klaus Schulze should not appear in Metalhead. For those not familiar, Schulze was the drummer of Tangerine Dream, in their early days, and Ash Ra Tempel,then becoming a leading figure not only of Krautrock but the music as a composer, researcher, musician 360 °, in his commitment to finding the best solutions and use of tools, such as the use of the moog. Klaus is a personality, a symbol of eternity, one that can not be ignored, and above all he is the author of hours, months, maybe years of music. Do you know the exact number of albums he recorded or took part and take care that he has collaborated with many. "Shadowlands" is a new studio album, six years later with "Kontinuum" live and some publications, produced by an intense series of concerts. A return that is worth a few words, beyond content. Consisting of three tracks with a total playing time of 75 'on the first CD, "Shadowlands" features a bonus CD with two tracks, one from 55' and the other about 18 '. The first is "Shadowlights", a little over 41 'where a synth floats overlap other and create sound waves of pleasure that expand and take over it inserts violin Thomas Kagermann, who worked with Schulze in 2010. The sound is evocative, gentle, extended over time. An infinite caress, as an excursion through the nebulae of space, the oceans of endless blue or paths in ancient civilizations. But be careful, I wrote synth and certainly there are those, but Schulze has gadgets once and also uses the new technology and, therefore, a simple keyboard filtered or corrected by electronics, vintage or not, becomes an orchestra. There is a whole discography to witness works created by a couple of benches and moog oscillators, generators, filters and other effects that piloting the notes played. "In Between" has the same pleasant sound of a continuous trickle of water in a cave (a kind of artificial percussion with moog) and the background always those that moog synthesizers or tinteggiano shadows for 17 'and a more percussive firm takes over the end of the piece and raises the power that this song manages to have. All flows in the following "Licht und Schatten", another 17 'and more with the opening of a singing voice (go easy to understand if it is a standard or is that Klaus has manipulated all). Here too slowly enters a rhythm that flows and grows and increases the celestial and haunting melody general, the pathos with which it purchases the female voice of the ways even the Middle East. The song ends as if he ascended to heaven, far above the angelic circle. The second disc offers "The Rhodes Violin", 55'24 ". An eternity passes, ends. It 'a composition that is hard to carburetor, with its soft start and then a long time after the first impulses and early evolution of Kagermann, simply delicate and wonderful in its entries. "Tibetan Loop" only 10 "does not reach 18 '. The opening is constituted by a series of distorted waves, very Krautrock of the early times. Continuing the moog take the stage, but with graceful tone and also come in male and female vocals give this last composition is universal, supreme, not definable. Shadowlands is ... yes, the land of the shadow. There is to be afraid. It 'sa world revealed, but it is above what we now do in a few, that is, music as research. Klasu Schulze has always been ahead, creating things that are now widely used. It is no coincidence at the Love Parade in Berlin, 15 years ago, one of the organizers said, as he watched the millions of revelers, "This is all your fault."
(Alberto Vitale) Rating: 8/10

Original page: http://www.metalhead.it/?p=16591
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Nice review.
I listened to the complete album for the first time last night. Listening again now.
It's an album full of bliss and beauty. I love the sounds. Eternal harmonies... I guess I will listen to this album a lot. The beauty is in the details.
That said, it's hard to understand why it took six years since Kontinuum, as Shadowlands continues in the same landscape as Kontinuum.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

After three listens to the new album...I don't like it.. :cry: Just not up there with his other works...Kontinuum was much better IMO.. :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

sparrow wrote:After three listens to the new album...I don't like it.. :cry: Just not up there with his other works...Kontinuum was much better IMO.. :arrow:
Just listened again...OK it's not IMO a classic. But this man has already done many classics. It is typical Schulze..long soundscapes and lush sounds. I find myself drifting away while listening but not in a good way. It is not a bad album at all. And I'm appreciating it for what is now ..an event..a new Klaus Schulze album..which sadly may be even rarer.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

The essay by Schiller could have been printed in English as well as German. After all, the album is for fans worldwide. Hope the essay will be translated somewhere.
If not I guess I can type it all in to a word document, and use Google translate... sometime. :-)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Insvims wrote:The essay by Schiller could have been printed in English as well as German. After all, the album is for fans worldwide. Hope the essay will be translated somewhere.
If not I guess I can type it all in to a word document, and use Google translate... sometime. :-)
I already started this a couple of days ago. here is the result. :)

A combination of google translate plus my interpretation of some segments. apologies to CvD if I put any errors (but blame google translate :lol: )

Dear Klaus
Now you're sitting here, late in the evening, long after it’s gone dark outside.
It's one of those evenings where your like for yourself is not lonely, but alone. A pleasant feeling.
A feeling of oneness, somewhere between fast worlds that turn out.
Meantime, one in which you delve too rarely.
From the speakers sounded "soft watches"
The clock stands still, very gently each sound tells a story.
Transitory and close, the film in my head takes its athletics.
Pictures you might arise they hold most.
But the sound experience is not too intense.

We have not seen each other, from time to time we talk
You last called me a few weeks ago and asked if I wanted to write a text for your new album.
What for a beautiful surprise. Completely automatically, I said "yes, of course, very happy".
Without me but the dimensional eyes in whole drove up.
To talk about someone who inspired and always at one with yourself, is the research and here is curious still - the machine falls hard enough, but to write something? how will that work?

I make a mental note to wait for 'right moment' .
It may be something that has to flow, so you do not move.
The words themselves have to come, because you cannot push.
The days pass, from days to weeks.
You ask timidly and charming how far I was, and that it would be quite helpful
to write the text more before the publication instead of after.
Finally, he should indeed the booklet.
I am looking for excuses, embarrassed - all sound transparent.
I'm still waiting for the right moment.

Now I listen to the live recording of ‘Harlequin’ and finally I dare.
The sequences begin tentatively, are woven into a broad picture, each tone stands for itself
and yet gives everything a profound hypnotic sound-image.

And suddenly everything is very simple, the words come at last.

Dear Klaus, your music with forever pleases me. Without your sequences the world would be a disc.

The depth that goes into your sound, touches hope.

You've researched, inspired, tried and discarded - and found your own way.

Your incomparable art to nourish the sound to happen, just let him.
What sort of a gift for the senses.
You remain faithful to yourself, despite the temptations of the season, this will stay with you.

Your new work 'Shadowlands' shows us how passionate you are to go your own way.
With open eyes, while unswervingly and limitlessly empathetic.
To hear your music is always an adventure
If you're in the studio, you're in your element
Nothing can stop you anymore, you always follow your intuition.

Dear Klaus, it is an honour to know you and listen to your sounds.

We are glad that you exist.

probably not 100% accurate, but it gives a good idea of the feel of the text.