Jerome

redziller
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Jerome

Post by redziller »

multivit72 wrote:
redziller wrote:Arrived today s'aaaaaiiiiight. Less guitar than usual. Needs a few more spins.
does this apply to the EP or the compilation? (or both?)
Yes, both. Jerome's a master at revising no question and the 2 new #! are great but, well, doesn't get the pulse racing for me anyhow. Worth buying though.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Received both of Jerome's latest releases and I have to say I think they are excellent, especially the EP. He really is producing some exciting electronic music these days. Nice to hear some unreleased tracks from the Dream Mixes series too.
rigel

Post by rigel »

The new EP and Orange Sized Dreams have arrived here from CDS. First listen of the EP and I can say immediately I like it a lot. Strong, vibrant sound and nicely in keeping with Jerome's previous EP material. The first track #! Shebang has a great energy to it and really rocks. I imagine I'll be hearing this over and over on my mp3 player while out and about. 640kb also sounds good and the remix of "At Marianas Trench" is an interesting rearrangement of a classic track from Neptunes...takes me back to 2005 and that rough and ready Water Rats gig in January the following year. What a long time ago that now seems....

Have yet to listen to Orange Sized Dreams, but am looking forward to it.
rigel

Post by rigel »

Just some thoughts on Orange Sized Dreams, for those interested....

Have listened to this a few times now. It's a mixed bag of rearranged/remixed familar and never-before-heard pieces from Jerome's early years with Tangerine Dream.

Backstreet Hero and 220 Volt Live are great tracks that I've always enjoyed, but the versions on here are not sufficiently different enough for me from the previous released versions to be all that exciting. The new treatment of Penguin Reference is an interesting take, but personally I prefer the original. I absolutely LOVE the new versions of Little Blonde in the Park of Attractions and Twilight Brigade...these are stunning arrangements and I reckon they surpass the originals on TOTT and TOB.

Agent or Police and Comfortably Numb sound like spruced up rejiggings of outtakes from Dream Mixes One...which of course they are!

The rocky version of Treasure of Innocence sounds good (again, not sure if I don't prefer the original), and Cymbeline has a curiosity value to it...it's strange hearing this without Edgar's soaring guitar solo!

So altogether an interesting release, not consistent enough for me to be listened to regularly all the way through, but with enough highlights to make it a worthwhile compilation. I have to say the new EP excites me more..I think it's an absolute classic, one of his best :)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Got Orange Sized Dreams yesterday. Several good tracks here (and more interesting than his regular solo output).

PS. I find it strange that a track is called Comfortably Numb without being THE Comfortably Numb. :P
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Insvims wrote: PS. I find it strange that a track is called Comfortably Numb without being THE Comfortably Numb. :P
Me also.

It's just wrong ;)
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Scissor Sisters version
enough reason to bring back the death penalty me wishes
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Thomas Mc Nulty wrote:Scissor Sisters version
enough reason to bring back the death penalty me wishes
Yeah, but the JF track is not a cover version. It's a different composition with the same name.
rigel

Post by rigel »

I wondered about this as well. I think it may be a private joke of Jerome's to call the track that. As it's an outtake from the first Dream Mixes album, did he give this piece the title "Comfortably Numb" back in the early 1990s I wonder?
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Jerome has published a new "Roadmap" for 2015 on his FB page:

Hey there, happy new year!
Well, in my first post in 2015 I'd like to present you my (non-binding!) creative roadmap for the next months:

Solo projects:
Second part of the "Orange Sized Dream Compilation" (Works 1996 - 2000) is planned for late March/early April 2015. Next solo album (follow-up to: Far Side of the Face) probably at the end of 2015.

LOOM:
We're currently working long hours on the successor to "The tree hates the forest". After a production meeting we held yesterday we're now shooting for a release in June/July 2015. Probably, we'll manage it to release another EP (LOOM - 300 003) a little earlier this year.

New Project No 3:
I'm also working on this intensively but its still in the very early stages, so you have to be patient about further news on this one.

LIVE appearances:
Nothing before the second half of 2015.

What else?:
We're currently preparing digital re- and re-releases of my catalogue for all major digital platforms/stores. For high-res audio (FLAC) downloads we've decided to open an account on Bandcamp very soon.
Therefore, the audio downloads section on my webstore "www.cybersounds.org" will be removed soon.
And ... we're gonna cut down the number of physical sound carriers (vulgo: CD/LP) as well. This means that in the future there will only be a "first edition" of a certain product (means: out of stock items won't be reprinted!).
Well, minor website updates are in the works too.

Ok, I hope that you feel yourself updated <g>

Have a great weekend, hope to hear you again very soon!

Best, Jerome
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

new Roadmap posted today:

Hey survivors wink emoticon,
sorry about my disappearance for almost a month but I went through a lot of hassle lately, which unfortunately isn't over yet. However, many circumstances beyond my control have forced me to postpone ongoing projects, so they will be behind schedule for some time. Nevertheless, I am now back in the studio working out my/our current musical plans. Well, of course I'll let you know how things are progressing. Just a few notes for now ...

Regarding my own stuff: First part of the "Orange Sized Dreams" Compilation (1990 - 1995)" on is already sold out on CD and will only be available through digital distribution (soon). I'm currently working on the the second part (period 1996 - 2000). Fourth solo album and other projects are TBA at the moment.

Regarding LOOM: We had a meeting last week and we're very optimistic to finish our second studio album in late spring / early summer 2015. We'll also try to arrange one or two live shows in Berlin (and probably some other cities) this year but most likely not before September/October 2015.

Regarding Tangerine Dream: In the past I got asked so many times if I would carry on the TD torch or if I would continue with TD when Edgar retires and so on and my answer was always: NO!
And I'll keep it that way. Therefore, I won't support (or merge with) any kind of wannabe lineups, not now nor in the future. No tributes, no reunions, no further concerts under the name "Tangerine Dream".

People who know me in person also know that "opportunism" and "chumming up" are characteristics that I deeply abominate.

Tangerine Dream was my Dad and my Dad is dead and so is Tangerine Dream. It's that simple and it was bound to happen one day.

Thanks for listening, see you soon!

Best, Jerome

Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

Well now that Jerome has put a kybosh on all hopes of running forward with a new Tangerine Dream. But it does raise some questions. Does it mean no one will be able to use the Tangerine Dream name ever again? or did Edgar pass it onto his bandmates ??? And what of the hours of music stored on Edgars hard drives ??? Will it ever see the light of day?? I was hoping the new band . with Baumann - would be allowed to use some of that music so there was some continuity with Edgars TD...and the new band. Questions everwhere!!!
ant

Post by ant »

:) I do not see how Jerome, just because he was Edgar's son, can have any say in whether the TD name continues or not. He left TD a long time ago and is not, as far as I know, anything to do with them now. Surely it will be down to Bianca and the other TD members at the time of his death and of course to anything he may have had down in his will etc. We will just have to wait and see. :)
Biggus Dickus
Dangerine Dream

Post by Dangerine Dream »

First of all of course I respect Jeromes decision. But I think, and I deeply hope he is not the person who will make decisions about the Future of TD. I think what he want say to us is, that he in personal never will part of TD in the future. Sorry, but my opinion is Mr. “Q” is more TD than Jerome ever will be. The mainly musical spirit of Edgar lives on in the body and the brain of Thorsten Quäschning.

I hope that there are no inheritance disputes concerning the rights to the songs of Edgar. This could be a big problem. So maybe only one person (????) could prevent future concerts and so on. What a shame would that be? And I do not hope that Jerome has meant this in his post. Interesting is, that he first talks about his own Projects and his new CD, and then later he speaks about his dead father. I hope the reason lies in the difficulty current situation and nothing else.

Excuse me but this is my opinion, and I have to say it in clear words.

R.I.P. Edgar
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Rubyconesque wrote: [...] Does it mean no one will be able to use the Tangerine Dream name ever again? [...]
Would this really be such a drama, and if so, why?
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)