'Pinnacles' re-appraisal

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Pinnacles is very good, even though a couple of EM experts slagged it off at the time.
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

Pinnacles is a truly extraordinary and remarkable album. It never fails to evoke images of the Australian desert in my mind. I play the LP every so often and there are awesome photos on its cover.
Last edited by Marakesh on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

looking at the earlier comments, i have alwys twinned this album with Hyperboria. Yet one is a portrait of Australian deserts and the other of a cold desolate place....a no mans land maybe? :wink:
Schmoelling in wonderland

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

Pinnacle is a favorite of mine. Maybe less experimental than previous releases and maybe sounding more like TD at that time. I like it instantly.
paullewis1974

Post by paullewis1974 »

In my opinion, 'Specific Gravity of Smile' is the greatest solo piece by Edgar by miles. Nothing else comes close...

Shame there's not more like it.

Paul
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

paullewis1974 wrote:In my opinion, 'Specific Gravity of Smile' is the greatest solo piece by Edgar by miles. Nothing else comes close...

Shame there's not more like it.

Paul
Hm, must check out that track. Coming up on Spotify after I have listenet to Aqua by EF.
Seeker_UK

Post by Seeker_UK »

"Pinnacles" is a bit of a grower. Bought it for £3.99 on (mega flimsy) vinyl from Andys Records market stall one icy February in 85 or 86 IIRC. I didn't rate it much at the time.

However, over time, I've come to love it - there's a certain atmosphere it evokes which I don't feel from any other TD album (except perhaps a bit of "Exit").
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
rigel

Post by rigel »

"Specific Gravity of Smile" is a wonderful piece. As a whole, PINNACLES is a fine album, although side two is a bit rambling in parts, while scaling some lofty heights along the way. I also think this album has a certain atmosphere. In terms of consistency, for me it is second only to STUNTMAN among Edgar Froese's solo albums.
24db

Post by 24db »

very weird to hear Pinnacles in a mens clothes shop in Glasgow a couple of years back, I was so excited I had to call Colin ;)
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

I'm STILL kicking myself for not immediatly buying that used CD copy I saw years ago. :( These days the original seems to be impossible to find for less than at least $30…
Goseba

Post by Goseba »

I am hoping to visit the Pinnacles in February before I leave Australia and head back to the UK. I am looking forwad to listening to it as I experience them.