Franke scoring Reviving Ophelia

rigel
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rigel »

I am somewhat amused to find I am not the only person sad :wink: enough to have enjoyed Sunset Beach! Yes, it was so bad that in a strange way it was really good. I used to watch it on C5 here in the UK in the mid 1990s. The Saturday afternoon omnibus seemed to go on forever :lol: The show had a weird, glacial pace to it, but you couldn't help watching. Well, I couldn't, anyway.

They tried reshowing it on weekday mornings a few years ago but it got cancelled. Oddly, I never saw the final episode which apparently was quite bizarre and dream-like, kind of like the last episode of Dallas. Not that I'm addicted to soaps, ahem.

The show, with its sexy babes and cool theme tune, was a guilty pleasure.
rigel

Post by rigel »

billythefish wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:I wish CF would release something in the vein of Chains and Chimes....

...or is it Chimes and Chains? :roll:
Totally agree. I think this track is the reason I was initially disappointed with Pacific Coast Highway. I was expecting a rocking sequencer led album rather than soft new-age.
Yeah, this is why I feel strongly that PCH bears no relation to his mention of doing a solo album in 1977. It is music recorded and, I believe, composed after he left TD. Many years had passed, and Franke had changed, wanting to do something different, don't you think? I know several fans don't really rate PCH, having expected something with more of a kick to it, but I think it's pretty honest, personal music with some really good moments.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

rigel wrote:
billythefish wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:I wish CF would release something in the vein of Chains and Chimes....

...or is it Chimes and Chains? :roll:
Totally agree. I think this track is the reason I was initially disappointed with Pacific Coast Highway. I was expecting a rocking sequencer led album rather than soft new-age.
Yeah, this is why I feel strongly that PCH bears no relation to his mention of doing a solo album in 1977. It is music recorded and, I believe, composed after he left TD. Many years had passed, and Franke had changed, wanting to do something different, don't you think? I know several fans don't really rate PCH, having expected something with more of a kick to it, but I think it's pretty honest, personal music with some really good moments.
Yes, I agree. I reckon Klemania and the London Concert have much more to do with his earlier works with TD than PCH and most subsequent releases. The bootleg album Circular Signs is probably the closest we've got to a '70s' style album from CF.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

redziller wrote:
SequenceC wrote:
Jon wrote: Yes, Haleakala is a gorgeous sax-based peice, just like Tim Truman's Sunset Beach theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9xNzOJ65y8
I like the Sunset Beach theme, used to watch that programme years back.
Sunset Beach eh Ben? I got addicted too - it was just sooooo awful: evil twin brother, memory loss, Uncle Tobias and don't forget the turkey baster :oops:
It had the most ridicolous stories ever, but that's what made it so good :lol:

I remember that episode where there was a curse? And a girls father instantly turned into a skeleton :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

rigel wrote:
They tried reshowing it on weekday mornings a few years ago but it got cancelled. Oddly, I never saw the final episode which apparently was quite bizarre and dream-like, kind of like the last episode of Dallas. Not that I'm addicted to soaps, ahem.
I actually called up Five, when they announced it was returning as I thought there was going to be a new series, although then found out it was just a re-run.