Chris Franke's Pacific Coast Highway

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Chris Franke's Pacific Coast Highway

Post by bigmoog »

I have been listening to this Vinyl record today, for the first time in quite a while. In places, it sounds dated, very 90's 'new age', but even more oddly it sounds weirdly like a modern day TD album :shock: :?
the overall mellow roundness of the music.....the tone......suggests soundtrack or mid noughties EF work.......there is cheese (wheels on a beach park), which is a bit cheesy......and some highlights such as Lontano Mystery which is nice and emotive.

there aint no way this is the CF 1977 solo album, its pure early nineties chillout newage noodle tunes.....but its a nice LP

6/10
Last edited by bigmoog on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
24db

Re: Chris Franke's Pacific Coast Highway

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:I have been listening to this Vinyl record today, for the first time in quite a while. In places, it sounds dated, very 90's 'new age', but even more oddly it sounds weirdly like a modern day TD album :shock: :?
the overall mellow roundness of the music.....the tone......suggests soundtrack or mid noughties EF work.......there is cheese (wheels on a beach park), which is a bit cheesy......and some highlights such as Lontano Mystery which is nice and emotive.

there aint know way this is the CF 1977 solo album, its pure early nineties chillout newage noodle tunes.

6/10
I like it...it's DX7-tastic (Trade mark)

;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I have been listening to this Vinyl record today, for the first time in quite a while. In places, it sounds dated, very 90's 'new age', but even more oddly it sounds weirdly like a modern day TD album :shock: :?

there aint know way this is the CF 1977 solo album, its pure early nineties chillout newage noodle tunes.

6/10

;)
oh so your copy came with the Ltd Edition CF Anorak...... :lol: :P
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:

6/10

;)
no...just a postcard, poster, badge, Cf cutout and Moog IIIc modular...naturally I kept all of them bar the Moog...piece of junk.
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

I believe this is it, the album CF said that he had started working on in 1977; the CF solo album that was 14 years in the making. Only CF knows though.

nb. there was cheese in the 70's, eg. CF's "Chimes and Chains" and the march on "Monolight" :)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote: I like it...it's DX7-tastic (Trade mark)

;)
no...just a postcard, poster, badge, Cf cutout and Moog IIIc modular...naturally I kept all of them bar the Moog...piece of junk.

let me know when you put it all on ebay :wink: :P
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote: oh so your copy came with the Ltd Edition CF Anorak...... :lol: :P

let me know when you put it all on ebay :wink: :P
the Moog went to the dump this morning...the rest will be on eBay soon
hansx

Post by hansx »

there aint no way this is the CF 1977 solo album, its pure early nineties chillout newage noodle tunes.....but its a nice LP

6/10
One of my CF favourits. Not so difficult, most albums are a bit poor. 3 or 4 good ones. :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

70s or 90s I dont know and I dont really care, its an album I quite like although not as good as a couple of others
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

"Mountain Heights" is a great track 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rigel

Post by rigel »

epsilon75 wrote:"Mountain Heights" is a great track 8)
Agreed. At the time some fans felt that this was the most TD-like and therefore the most "crowd pleasing" of all the pieces on the album. Other highlights for me were "Black Garden View," "Lontano Mystery," "Wheels on Beach Park" (cheesy, yes, but still good to listen to), and "Cinnamon City Cliff."

This is an album from 1991 and as such is bound to sound a bit dated now. The overall style is certainly relaxed and "New Age" - typical of its time. But the production is outstanding and still impresses today.
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

I always loved the lush soundstage, if not the music, that CF produced 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

6/10

I listened again and revise my rating to 7. :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

bigmoog wrote:

6/10

My rating should be between 8 and 9
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

hansx wrote:
bigmoog wrote:

6/10

My rating should be between 8 and 9

8.5 :?: :D :D