Edgar's book

Lucan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar's book

Post by Lucan »

Is Edgar still writing a book? Any recent news about that?
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
Erik

Post by Erik »

when was this first mentioned?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

Hmm...I can't remember now. There was some talk of it for a while some time back...but now I come to think of it, I'm not sure how long ago it was.
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
Schmoelling in wonderland

Re: Edgar's book

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

Lucan wrote:Is Edgar still writing a book? Any recent news about that?
In TD website, there is 1 or 2 questions were Edgar answer by making allusion to a book he will release. That's a couple of years ago... The book should be ready ?

# 43 TD’s copyright notes of all compositions are mostly named and/or divided equally between the actual band members. Does this reflect the true contribution of each member to each composition on the individual albums?

This is due to a completely misguided principle that goes back to the early seventies, when it was socially very cool to divide things equally even if one of the people would be getting royalties just for making coffee and tea during the recording sessions. Because of Edgar’s Diary, which goes back to the founding of TD, he knows precisely who was doing what on each album.
The list of “who did what” in his up-coming book will set things straight. Some “kings” will easily become “beggars” and the other way round

TDludo

Post by TDludo »

On the TDOC "interaction page", Einstein's Barber wrote very recently :

His autobiography is still in the process of growing - he's extremely busy with this at present...

So we have an answer... 8) :arrow:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Really looking forward to the autobiography 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Looking forward too....this might be a book that I might actually read ..seriously I own about 60 books that are unread and around 10 I never finished. All the books I have read are about 20 years old.. :oops:
Jon

Post by Jon »

Looking forward to the book, but let's hope it's not just philosophical nonsense, and that Franke is shown at least A LITTLE respect. :!:

If not, I will quickly put the book away.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Jon wrote:Looking forward to the book, but let's hope it's not just philosophical nonsense, and that Franke is shown at least A LITTLE respect. :!:
The three "rough extracts" (TDOC site) were quite funny and interesting.
I think we'll learn many many things we don't suspect... so I'm really waiting for that book ! :D
And we'll see about Chris Franke...
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Jon wrote:Looking forward to the book, but let's hope it's not just philosophical nonsense, and that Franke is shown at least A LITTLE respect. :!:

If not, I will quickly put the book away.

:lol:
r4man

Post by r4man »

sparrow wrote:Looking forward too....this might be a book that I might actually read ..seriously I own about 60 books that are unread and around 10 I never finished. All the books I have read are about 20 years old.. :oops:

I've read that the author Harlan Ellison said this:

A visitor was admiring his library and asked him if he had read all of the books on the shelves. Mr. Ellison said "Who wants a library filled with books they have already read?" He commented that a library wasn't a trophy case, but should be more like promises to things that interest you that you will read about them when the opportunity arises.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

TDludo wrote:
The three "rough extracts" (TDOC site) were quite funny and interesting.
I think we'll learn many many things we don't suspect... so I'm really waiting for that book ! :D
And we'll see about Chris Franke...
The snippets on the TDOC site are great. Can't wait to read the full thing. Trouble is that Edgar keeps doing more and more stuff. He's never going to catch up with himself. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

They need a good edit though :D
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

GlynRichards wrote:They need a good edit though :D
Yeh. But I have to say I like reading his writing style, it's very much like hearing him talk.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Read in the new TDOC update : interviewed in March, Edgar said that his autobiography "should be out in 2011" !! :D 8)