Any interest in an expanded CD version of Kamikaze 1989...

TheXFactor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Any interest in an expanded CD version of Kamikaze 1989...

Post by TheXFactor »

...since the rest of Edgar's Virgin era stuff is getting rereleased? Include all the cues from the film that weren't on the original soundtrack (some really good material there too), lines notes from the director and from Edgar, etc. I know I'm in the minority of people who actually like the film, but I'd hate to see the soundtrack forgotten. There's also quite a few tracks on the soundtrack that weren't used in the film either, so it'd be interesting to hear what scenes they were originally intended for.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

It's not one of my fave EF albums but it does have some good parts. I would love to see it reissued with bonus tracks.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I have the LP, but I have never seen the film. Honestly, a new version would not be of much interest for me.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Not seen the film either. I've seen clips but not the full thing. If there's lots of new music I'd want a copy.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

I would be interested. Have always loved the soundtrack and also the movie. Even though its quite bizar :wink:
Schmoelling in wonderland

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

Interesting stuff in this soundtrack ! I'd love the hear a expanded version.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Yeah. Anything expanded can't be a bad thing.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Yeah. Anything expanded can't be a bad thing.
My missus agrees.... :wink:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

sparrow wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Yeah. Anything expanded can't be a bad thing.
My missus agrees.... :wink:
Honestly, some people's minds :o :lol:
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Ravnnet wrote:I would be interested. Have always loved the soundtrack and also the movie. Even though its quite bizar :wink:

Agreed on both counts. I have both the VHS version (English subtitles) and the German DVD. Having read the novel it was based upon, I had a slightly better idea what was going on. Slightly. :D

Great music however, and like I mentioned a lot of what was in the film was unfortunately not on the soundtrack. Especially the scene where RWF is driving in a tunnel and his partner is following/trying to get him to pull over. Has that great Edgar 'fuzz box' effect where it sounds like he's talking through his guitar. Also heard in the tracks 'Hyperborea' and 'Pinnacles'.