RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Goseba

Re: Jerome interview from November 2013

Post by Goseba »

Listened to it today, very interesting.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Very interesting indeed. It could have been longer (one full hour) ! 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
32 years + counting

Post by 32 years + counting »

Excellent interview. Hats off and respect to all.

I'm turning into a big fan of Robert Waters too....SUN CASTLE from LOOM 100 ep is great.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Many thanks for this post, a very interesting, and occasionally revealing interview. I loved the story about the guy who brought a copy of Phaedra to TD 's studio doors, smashed it and accused them of being too commercial! Also can't believe that Jerome has not discussed the Loom project with his dad!
rigel

Post by rigel »

Steve C wrote:
Many thanks for this post, a very interesting, and occasionally revealing interview. I loved the story about the guy who brought a copy of Phaedra to TD 's studio doors, smashed it and accused them of being too commercial! Also can't believe that Jerome has not discussed the Loom project with his dad!

I enjoyed the interview too. That was indeed a funny anecdote about the guy and his enraged destruction of his copy of Phaedra :lol: It just shows that one's reaction to music depends on your perspective, your expectations and personal tastes. The interview helps put Rockoon into perspective too, and it makes me reflect on how many of us fans at the time (not all, I know) perhaps reacted too strongly against the album. Basically forgetting, or not even considering, that the album was largely the work of a 20 year musician finding his feet and, as Jerome says, doing the best he could at that time. Comparing it to the likes of Rubycon and Logos was a tad unfair when considering it in that context! I for one enjoyed a lot of the album when it came out. Penguin Reference still gets the odd listen when I'm in the mood :) Anyway, a really good interview!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yes, very good and informative interview. Jerome is a very open, positive and talkative guy with lots of good stories.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I was thinking that the Phaedra joke was done on purpose to see people's reactions, when we know for a fact that the exact opposite was happening at the record companies, and is/was the reason why they could not stick around with any of them, that simply wanted the same commercial mish-mash!
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Music from the person who did the interview:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301117795122?ss ... 1555.l2649

Probably my most SHAMELESS plug yet... :mrgreen: