Hoshiko Yamane's Traumstein

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Hoshiko Yamane's Traumstein

Post by ant »

:D Hoshiko has a new album out under the band name KiSeki called Traumstein. She performs with Jurgen Heidemann on experimental music using the sounds of wood and stone. I have ordered this and look forward to hearing what this is like. :D
Biggus Dickus
ant

Re: Hoshiko Yamane's Traumstein

Post by ant »

:) Played this album last night and found it to be quite a gentle relaxing experience. Jurgen 'plays' the stones which provide a haunting sound. They have to be kept wet to produce the sounds so every now and again you hear the plopping sound of water as he 'tops them up'. Over this we have some very fine violin playing by Hoshiko, except for the last track which appears to be all stone sounds. The entire album consists of 5 tracks lasting just short of the 55 min mark. The first two tracks total just under 10 mins and the the other three are 15, 16 and 13 respectively. A very different album and I can see it would probably not be to everyone's taste but I found it to be pleasing to the ears. Not an album you would be in the mood to play every day but when in the frame of mind for it it is a nice 55 mins to close your eyes and dream to. Worth trying if you like things just a little different and 'experimental'. I would give it 3.5 out of 5. It always good to hear work by Hoshiko and I hope she does some other things outside of the TD world. Nice one Hoshiko!! :)
Biggus Dickus
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Sure sounds interesting., Where did you order it and how much did you pay - there is no Price quoted as far as I can see...
ant

Post by ant »

:) I ordered it direct from Hoshiko. If you go onto her website you will find her email address. Just ask her if she can send you a copy. She will ask you for your address and then she will work out your postage. The album cost me 15 Euros plus 4 Euros for the postage. If you have a Paypal account you can pay her direct to her email address rather than having to do a bank transfer. :)
Biggus Dickus
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Thanks for the infos ant, much appreciated ! :wink:
I just ordered the CD, now waiting for the arrival of these "wood and stone sounds"... 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Thanks for the info!
ant

Post by ant »

:)Great stuff - enjoy!! Let us know your thoughts on it once you have heard it. Would be nice to get some other views and opinions on it. :)
Biggus Dickus
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I received the CD and listened to it. Quite unusual but very nice ! I think I would give it 4 out of 5... 8)
As usual, Hoshiko (violin) is very good. And the sound stones provide a kind of "ethereal spooky" music.
Some details about the names and durations :

1) Oh* Pahl! (4:16)
2) Krumme Lanke (5:40)
3) Fuji (15:00)
4) Korund (16:35)
5) Molekuele (13:01)
TOTAL = 54:37
ant

Post by ant »

:D Glad you liked it TDLudo. It is very unusual but pleasing at the same time. The album cover could do with a bit more information about the compositions, like were they all composed by Jurgen & Hoshiko or are they improvised or were they composed by someone else. Unfortunately it does not tell us. Anyway, as I said before - if you fancy trying something a little different then get in touch with Hoshiko and order yourself a copy. :D
Biggus Dickus
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

You can also order from Juergen. He has a Paypal account. PM him on Facebook for details :D
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

On their website http://www.musik-mit-steinen.de/, you can see a short video with some details.

And also a long video (a concert in a coffee shop) : click on "PROJEKTE" and then on "Kiseki".
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

I was privileged to attend a sound stones workshop, with Juergen, in 2012. It is a totally unique 'instrument'. Polished, highly magnetic stone sliced and tuned, played with moistened hands, all rings, watches etc removed. The rounded forms of the instrument are extremely difficult to master. A completely unique musical experience 8) :arrow: